H.I.D. installation help

Oct 12, 2006
Chicago, IL
Hey everyone, I was trying to search the forums, and I couldn't come up with anything on anyone doing an H.I.D. install. Has anyone put in an H.I.D. kit on the mk3? I have the xentec kit if that helps. Thanks.

2jzmk3

Quick Red Head;1082253 said:
Hey everyone, I was trying to search the forums, and I couldn't come up with anything on anyone doing an H.I.D. install. Has anyone put in an H.I.D. kit on the mk3? I have the xentec kit if that helps. Thanks.

+1 for CKanderson.. got two sets from him for two differnt cars..

Amtrack

Apr 5, 2006
Germany
annoyingrob;1085207 said:
and foglights.

WTF :eek:

How did you manage to put those wires and the electronic box there?

I had some really hard times to put my HID kit in my headlights :nono: not satisfied as my high beam is way to low but low beam (xenon) is ok.

I execrate the inventor of our foglights everytime I have to change a bulp...

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Amtrack;1085382 said:
WTF :eek:

How did you manage to put those wires and the electronic box there?

I had some really hard times to put my HID kit in my headlights :nono: not satisfied as my high beam is way to low but low beam (xenon) is ok.

I execrate the inventor of our foglights everytime I have to change a bulp...

I built brackes off of the bumper, on the outside of the foglight housings, and mounted two ballasts per side.

Oct 12, 2006
Chicago, IL
Bluechulappa;1085540 said:
I have a few pics in my build thread of my recent 5000k hid kit I put on my mk3 if you wanna check it out...

I looked at your build thread, and I can't remember if I replied there, if so sorry for the repost. Where did you mount the balasts and how? I didn't see any pictures of that there. Thanks.