Guess these parts......

josh930

Jan 14, 2006
NY
Unfourtunatly I had bought a 1jz engine already taken apart and have no clue what alot of the parts go to and if they're needed. I 'd really apreciate it if you could help me out.

OK, I did some homework on some of it so I'll give it a shot.....

Pic#1 - Map sensors 1 from a 1j and the other from a 2j. Which one is which?

Pic 2 - Oil pressure sensor that we dont use?

Pic 3 - Fuel pressure pulsation dampener? Is it needed?
And I know one of these is for the power steering pump. The other I dont know.

Thanks for your help

Attachments

• Picture 040.jpg
    Picture 040.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 63
  • Picture 043.jpg
    Picture 043.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 43
  • Picture 041.jpg
    Picture 041.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 53

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
easy!

first ones dont look like the 2jz map sensor at all! or the 1j they look more like a gauge sender or something but maybe someone has seen more than me.

second one is an oil pressure sender we dont use

third, the Fuel pulsation dampener, not really needed but its debated.. the other two are not for the p/s pump. the p/s pump uses the same VSV on all of the supra motors i have worked on (one goes before the TB and one goes after there is nothing else special about it) the one on the far right looks like the valve under the intake manifold for the EVAP. not sure about the middle one it might be for the same thing. theres only a couple of those in line valves on the car that i know of and one was for the bypass valve and the other is evap related

supramk3man

Supramania Contributor
Jun 26, 2005
kentucky
1.Got to agree neither look like a map sensor the map sensor will have nipple on it for a vac line to go on.

2.The oil sensor you have there is one for a 7m some people do use them to be able to get the oil gauge to work on the gauge cluster.

3. what tlo said

josh930

Jan 14, 2006
NY
supramk3man;1113732 said:
1.Got to agree neither look like a map sensor the map sensor will have nipple on it for a vac line to go on.

There is a nipple on both of them on the bottom. I stuck the nipple into the styrofoam to show you the stickers on each. I thought someone would know by that. But there is a nipple on the bottom of each. They have 2 differnt part #'s but both say- sensor assy turbo pressure-

The green ones part # is 89420-14060

The orange # is 89420-24040

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
The one on the left is definitely the 1jz map sensor. The one on the right i've seen before with a 1jz swap, it's a map sensor too but I have no idea what for.

josh930

Jan 14, 2006
NY
cool, thanks. I'm pretty sure I bought a map sensor off of a 2jz guy because I wasnt sure what a map sensor looked like.

Datsrboi

Loud pipes Save Lives
Jul 31, 2007
Haltom Texas
www.cardomain.com
JonoTurbo;1114002 said:
The one on the left is definitely the 1jz map sensor. The one on the right i've seen before with a 1jz swap, it's a map sensor too but I have no idea what for.

Left is the map sensor. Without it the car will not run of course.
The Right one is the sending unit for the Dash gauge which you do not use. Just throw it away.