GT35R

keo

Apr 2, 2005
RI
im looking at a turbo (GT35R) was almost about to buy it.

i have a question how can you tell if its the Real Garret GT35R or some knock-off? What's the difference True Garret GT35R or GT35R spec turbo?

knowing me, i want the real deal holy-Keo Garret GT35R. How is a novoice (like me) gonna tell the difference?

thanks for your help.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
The real one's cost about 1100-1600, I think. If someone is selling it for less than that it is probably a copy. I'm not a turbo expert, but maybe that will help you. We have a couple of turbo builders on here. PM one of them and they can help you.
dbsupra
mdcmotorsports
935motorsports

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
the best advice is stay FAR away from ebay. there are A LOT of sellers advertising GT35Rs that are NOT real. your best bet is to buy from a reputable + authorized garrett dealer (atpturbo.com, etc.). yes, they are expensive.

that said, here are pix of a REAL GT35R to use for comparison to others you might see:

http://mkiiitech.com/drj/blackcar/111205/

the real tip off is the "short" center section and water cooling.

supra87t/t4

Phase Two
Apr 9, 2005
MPLS, MN
Talk to one of the Dave's from boostwerx. They were going to give me a pretty good price on a GT35R with PTE housings.

Glen

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
i appreciate all the support guys!

and yes i sell them, both bb and non bb.

better still, since i sell thru precision i can get their custom housings as well which will open up a lot more a/r options.

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
drjonez said:
what's the smallest T4 turbine a/r they have?

i know we have .68 a/r since i just sold one to a member here last week. im almost certain i can get a .58 as well. i will double check and post back.

also to note, these are tang T4 housings. there is a small (.6x) housing floating around that is an on-center housing, def wouldnt want one of those so be careful when shopping.

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
annoyingrob said:
You can get .58 T4 housings from certain manufacturers. I think atpturbo.com has them IIRC. That's what I'm going for on my car :)

yes they do, that was the small on-center housing i was talking about floating around in a prev post. i couldnt remem who had them but i knew i had seen it. i wouldnt recommend an on-center housing tho.

lintlars- we deal directly thru precision as well. im waiting to find out whats available still. i hadnt heard anything about them no longer being made, will find out.

qwik- thanks bro! but what are you doing on the internet? you have new parts to install! ;)

QWIKSTRIKE

475rwhp459torq an climbin
Apr 3, 2005
Some where out there
www.cardomain.com
dbsupra90 said:
yes they do, that was the small on-center housing i was talking about floating around in a prev post. i couldnt remem who had them but i knew i had seen it. i wouldnt recommend an on-center housing tho.

lintlars- we deal directly thru precision as well. im waiting to find out whats available still. i hadnt heard anything about them no longer being made, will find out.

qwik- thanks bro! but what are you doing on the internet? you have new parts to install! ;)

No problem....I don't aways tell my secrets but guess where I got all of my GT turbos.:naughty:

Whats up Doc.

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
drjonez said:
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....nm really. just sitting @ work. you should be sleeping....
heh ive been wondering how you guys are posting soo early. i haven't slept in 16 hours right now, trying to fix my sleeping pattern so i get to sleep at 10:00 pm tonight :D

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
CryoSlash said:
heh ive been wondering how you guys are posting soo early. i haven't slept in 16 hours right now, trying to fix my sleeping pattern so i get to sleep at 10:00 pm tonight :D

ha! nice!

i work 6-2ish....so that's why i'm up.

isn't Mississauga just down the road from toronto?

QWIKSTRIKE said:
I am up every morning at 5 am.:biglaugh:

yeah, me too.