gt35r

stratoayu

May 13, 2005
surrey
alright well there is an arguement going on on SF, and im pretty interested in purchasing this turbo in the next little while but im wondering if someone can help me out. how much RWHP can this turbo realistically reach? and what kind of power band would you expect? i am not the best with picking out turbos but it would be nice to know what a/r and such to use. thx :D

Jspec7m88

Dec 3, 2005
Nappy City
stratoayu said:
alright well there is an arguement going on on SF, and im pretty interested in purchasing this turbo in the next little while but im wondering if someone can help me out. how much RWHP can this turbo realistically reach? and what kind of power band would you expect? i am not the best with picking out turbos but it would be nice to know what a/r and such to use. thx :D

Ahh.. The GT35R. :)

Built by Garrett, a Dual Ball bearing Turbo unit.
.70 Compressor & 1.06 Exhaust side.
T04S 82mm Compressor Wheel, 0.70AR T04S Compressor housing.
Flow rate is 65lbs/min.
The Turbine: 84 Trim, 68mm.
0.63, 0.82 or 1.06 A/R. Turbine Housing's available
Horsepower, I believe will realistically hold around 600rwhp+.

Anything else?

:icon_surp

:NINJA EDIT:

Here's a pic as well. :)

Attachments

• Garrett GT35R.jpg
    Garrett GT35R.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 28

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/catelog/Turbochargers/GT35/GT3582R_714568_3.htm

"600hp capable" so says Garrett. The compressor wheel is only comparable to a T61 (61.5mm)

I would like to think it would make more if you pushed it hard enough and had some help along the way be it a built engine or NOS, although I would worry about high EGTS.

If you go with the smaller .63 rear housing, the thing will be nothing short of a rocket ship, with full spool around 3500-4k or less.

BTW, please check with me first before you go out and buy the thing....

stratoayu

May 13, 2005
surrey
lol well obviously :p i wouldnt og buying anything before consulting a turbo expert :) basically this is my plan for the next year. ripping out block and getting it completly rebuilt, new cleavite bearings, upgraded pistons and rods ( im thinking crower rods and je pistons?) cometic 2mm head gasket with arp studs, port and polish the head. microtech standalone ecu, most likely twin walboro fuel pumps, most lilely 680 cc injectors? and then either getting a custom manifold made or getting a ebay manifold.. although id unno how fitment issues would be with a gt35.. also going to run a FFI from ron along with upgraded i/c and pipes. i WANT to get custom cams made, but that will be in the years to come.. yes im planning on spending a lot of cash this next year haha. what kind of power do u think i could put down on 94 octane gas? that is the highest octane pump gas around here..

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
I bet that little honey of a turbo would make mad 550 hp all day long on pump gas.

Also, don't worry about the ebay manifold. We sell a t3 to t4 adaptor and we can rework the manifold so it flows correctly and the wastegate is propperly positioned.

stratoayu

May 13, 2005
surrey
right on. is it i just send u the manifold and then u send it back all reworked? or would u need my car for mock up..

stratoayu

May 13, 2005
surrey
nah ive seen pics of ur work via website. i dont doubt it for a second :) what kind of cost would be involved? for the adapter and to modify the manifold. pm me a price, since i geuss your not allowed to say ti on here :)

Kyle87T

Banned
Aug 4, 2005
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
MDCmotorsports said:
http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/catelog/Turbochargers/GT35/GT3582R_714568_3.htm

"600hp capable" so says Garrett. The compressor wheel is only comparable to a T61 (61.5mm)

I would like to think it would make more if you pushed it hard enough and had some help along the way be it a built engine or NOS, although I would worry about high EGTS.

If you go with the smaller .63 rear housing, the thing will be nothing short of a rocket ship, with full spool around 3500-4k or less.

BTW, please check with me first before you go out and buy the thing....

From what IJ told me, the .63 housing spools like a V8, he said he was basically getting boost on idle and full boost below 3k. His 1.06 a/r housing now is getting full boost at 3200-3600 rpm and that a huge housing. There is so much varying data that is floating around the net that it is making me not want it anymore. I cant get any solid info.

Jspec7m88

Dec 3, 2005
Nappy City
I have a friend with a 600AWHP 2nd Gen GSX with a GT40R.
GT35R, 40R & 42R are basically the largest turbo you can fit on a 4G63.
(Well, the GT42R, for that matter).
Anyways, although it's on an Eclipse, his turbo doesn't have all that bad of lag to it surprisingly. Being DBB, it spools quite nicely. :)

stratoayu

May 13, 2005
surrey
yea i hear the gt40 is now avalabile in BB.. but how laggy is it? on the gt35r 1.06 a/r is the largest turbine isnt it? meaning itll be the laggiest but able to push the most power?