Group Buy options....

RedComet13

Rock n Rolla
Mar 6, 2008
San Antonio, TX
I'm comparing Pricing To buy a new exhaust set-up for my 91 N/A project, its been awhile since I worked on this car imparticular as my other project has been taking up alot of time and cash. I saw the Raptor Racing Group buy and I immediately was interested so Im comparing pricing options. I was originally interested in the Aluminum Piping Setup, Possibly ceramic coated if possible, But there's also a Stainless Steel option, does anyone have any opinions for this? Realistically if I crunch the numbers im looking at $600+ for the whole setup including a few options. and it looks like a great set-up, Would anyone recommend a custom build possibly haha?

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
I would go stainless.

When I was shopping around for an exhaust, after pricing out the cost of mandrel bends, flanges, mufflers, and then paying for welding, it was cheaper to get an off the shelf stainless system. I ended up getting a Blitz Nur Spec from Suprarich at SIP.

deabionni

The Lurker
Sep 16, 2007
Kalkaska, MI
Enraged;1532462 said:
I would go stainless.

When I was shopping around for an exhaust, after pricing out the cost of mandrel bends, flanges, mufflers, and then paying for welding, it was cheaper to get an off the shelf stainless system..

smiley%20sign%20i%20agree.gif

I shopped around for the parts to put together my own 3" stainless exhaust with resonator, and found it was just cheaper and easier to buy a 3" bolt on exhaust.

I ended up getting the Tanabe from Aaron for $600 + shipping, and that was the best $600 I ever spent on the car. That, plus the 3" downpipe, made the car quieter and really woke the turbo up.

Spend the money on a quality exhaust, and not some cheap China shit. You won't regret it!

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
deabionni;1532652 said:
smiley%20sign%20i%20agree.gif

I shopped around for the parts to put together my own 3" stainless exhaust with resonator, and found it was just cheaper and easier to buy a 3" bolt on exhaust.

I ended up getting the Tanabe from Aaron for $600 + shipping, and that was the best $600 I ever spent on the car. That, plus the 3" downpipe, made the car quieter and really woke the turbo up.

Spend the money on a quality exhaust, and not some cheap China shit. You won't regret it!

Which Tanabe?

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
I have the Raptor Racing exhaust in the mild steel, uncoated. Has nothing but a bit of surface rust and its been on the car for 3 years. I love the look and sound of it and wouldn't buy anything else. Whether you get the mild or stainless or coated is all your choice. Stainless would be nice if you have a bit of extra money and will be keeping the car forever. Mild steel will last for a long time and will get it on your car for less money.

EDIT: Also, just read you are in Texas. I would go for the mild steel. Not a whole lot of snow and salt for you to worry about. lol