Ground wires coming from block and starter

Tpilover

Jun 18, 2011
Tulsa ok
Just picked up an 89 7mgte supra.
Pulled the bad motor and put the new one in. Well I go to hook the grounds up and I hooked the battery ground and the ground to the block. I know that 1 goes to the battery and can't figure out where the other goes. Pics would be great. so the problem is this the grounds from block and starter go to the negative on the battery and ?

3.0 GT

2JZ Holset Mafia
Nov 30, 2008
Franklin, Tn
WillWorkFoBoost;1783276 said:
they both go to the negative on the battery.

Tpilover;1783256 said:
Just picked up an 89 7mgte supra.
Pulled the bad motor and put the new one in. Well I go to hook the grounds up and I hooked the battery ground and the ground to the block. I know that 1 goes to the battery and can't figure out where the other goes. Pics would be great. so the problem is this the grounds from block and starter go to the negative on the battery and ?

one cable goes from battery negative to the side of the block. the other goes from the starter positive terminal to the battery positive. the starter grounds through its body not a thinck gauge cable.

Tpilover

Jun 18, 2011
Tulsa ok
Well the end of the wire didn't have a battery connector on it. I connected the wire to the battery with a hose clamp to test it and the starter cranked. Thanks for the info!

Tpilover

Jun 18, 2011
Tulsa ok
ForcedTorque;1783296 said:
See to it that you put a proper positive battery cable on it! HaHa
All I had to work with was a "redneck" battery cable!
Will pick up a proper cable later today.