Grinding stock cams

Whasian

CEO of HAS
Jun 12, 2007
Houston
www.myspace.com
I was on the 935 motorsport page and read about a company that will sell me 7mgte 264 cams. they take stock cams and they grind them down. Are these cams reliable enough for about 600 hp? What about the cams breaking or having other problems? Will i need to shim?

Whasian

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Yes you need to shim and the shims will need to be whatever they take off the base circle thicker than stock.

This can be a problem at high rpm as they tend to get spit out and destroy the valvetrain.

I had mine hard face welded then reground way back before there were many choices available.

Whasian

CEO of HAS
Jun 12, 2007
Houston
www.myspace.com
So then would the brian crower cams be a better choice? I checked again and it was crower that actually did the grinding, do all their cams stock that are ground down?

Whasian

*where can i get shims to do this and how do I shim them?

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
The regrinds I do use a light weight make up shim that you place under the bucket. You also retain the factory shim on top. This method eliminates kicking out oversize shims place on top only. I have customers overseas making over 600 hp on regrinds with no problems. Regrinds should be stronger than the stock unit, as they should be heat treated after grinding.