Gremlin in my car

soso714

Oct 19, 2008
Anaheim, California
Got a new car used a fresh long block 1jz with all my jza70 setup that was running in my previous supra

Went single this time so that's new but everything else was left stock

Started the car runs perfectly so I let it warm up first than give it a rev a whole whopping 1500 Rpms is all it goes to before falling flat on it's face with sputtering checked air fuel ratio it's lean under idle and when u accel it gets worse once the throttle bodies closed it richens up and the Rpms go up

The car is a 91 auto turbo the engine setup is from a manual jza70 that was running great for about two years in my old car

At this point I have checked all of these things
-the engine harness for resistance and volts
- checked and replaced cam angle sensors crank angle sensor map tps idle speed ignitor ecu air temp water temp
-fuel filter, fuel pump, fuel pressure regulater, checked for kinks didn't see anything
-checked the volts on all the grounds and it's showing proper volts

Haven't checked the cams contacts with cam angle sensors and relucter wheel for crank as well as if the izuzu timing belt is the right size that I'm using

Could be a clogged fuel line car was not running when I got it and had been sitting with the fuel lines disconnected from the the rail

soso714

Oct 19, 2008
Anaheim, California
No I did a complete flush on the tank and fuel lines

I had made a complete list but it got erased :/ so this is exactly what all has been done

What I'm using is a jza70 manual harness and ecu was taken out of a running swapped supra
On an auto 91 turbo chassis that was not running before swap

New motor shows no sign of headgasket failure nor low compression

Fuel pressure regulater, injectors, fuel pump, drained the old gas

Cam/crank sensors
Tps
Idle speed motor
Water temp
Air temp
Map
Ecu
Ignitor
Spark plugs
Coil packs
Checked clearances on cams for the sensors
Cleaned and changed out map sensor vacum filter
Tested engine harness for volts when key is in on position tested ohms throught harness as well
Tested volts on all the grounds volts are same as battery terminals

I used the new timing belt from autozone the izuzu one checked marks all top dead center

I have not checked reluctor wheel at the crank yet or used a gauge on the fuel system
I plan to have that done next week
I also am in the process of doing a fresh auto soarer harness and auto ecu setup just need to lengthen a few things
I haven't changed knock sensors or o2 sensor

Is it even possible that if the wastegate is releasing too much pressure at idle that it could cause this because I did buy my wastegate off a friend who got it off eBay ;)