Greetings from Papua New Guinea

miggles

i wasnt speeding officer
Jun 3, 2005
perth West Australia
Hi all, i made it to the rig site. Having a fun time looking around at all the different things going on, Lots of insects and spiders:1zhelp: though i did see a butterfly that i thought was a bat then a bird due to the size. Nice and humid here though not too hot. Well im off to do to look for something to kill time till im needed to do some work. Take care fellas.:naughty:

miggles

i wasnt speeding officer
Jun 3, 2005
perth West Australia
Ive taken a few pics with my camerafone so i'll post them up when i get back.
I went for a swim in the creek where we get out water pumped into the camp from, so clear,pebble on the bottom, waist deep and you can see some small fish swimming around. Cool water that is freezing cold when you jump in and then its lovely when you get out and start to trek back to the camp u start to sweat ur ass off. Im in the gulf country in png i found out. We are about to start cementing soon so it's my first job in 4days.

miggles

i wasnt speeding officer
Jun 3, 2005
perth West Australia
http://www.geocities.com/cement_engineer/png/

chucked up the pics. yes i know the pics are all grainy but its a camerafone.
The policemans name is vagi. He took the fotos of me with his pumpy and in the creek swiming.
The M16 belonged to his mate (another policeman)at the staging camp. (supply camp) I got the pics at the grass airstrip at Wabo.(5-10min helo flight from rigsite) He was listenin to "unbreak my heart" by Toni Braxton? that made me laugh. ( a tuff policeman listenin to such music on his mp3player)
The big chopper is a Mil 8(sp?) its a russian chopper piloted by "crazy russians" as the aussie chopper pilots call them. It has a 4t payload. Lot of the mud,chemicals and bulk supplies got choppered in by the mil8.The whole campsite was choppered in using chinhooks and mil8.

1TuffSupra

Sho' Nuff
Jul 11, 2005
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Well atleast you guys are dead set on security lol.

And man, Im not sure how safe it is to swim in water like that. There are all types of little creepy crawlys in there that would love to swim up ur trunks. Hell because of what Ive learned about fresh water in school I will now only swim in either the ocean or a pool, lol.

Looks like your there with a good bunch of guys though, have fun, be safe. :bigthumb:

miggles

i wasnt speeding officer
Jun 3, 2005
perth West Australia
the pumpy only had 4 shells, and the m16 had probably the same.
The river was clean. That was where the campsite got its drinking water from. It got pumped up to a storage tank then down to the camp via 3 inline filters with UV light and then into a sand filter. The locals drink straight from the creek. I didnt though. (got a weak city stomach)
Cant wait to get back there though it mite be 4weeks+ away. There were a few canadians on site. some from simmons drilling and northstar. The canadian safety officer got pissed when i asked him "so what part of america did you say you were from?" and even worse when i asked him "oohh so your french canadian then". then he realized that i was taking the piss out of him. (as all aussies do. no1 is sacred)