Green Grease?

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
I was recommended Green grease and have never herd of it before and wondering if it is a quality product or just a grease gimmick? Just looking at the website makes me want to run away from it. I'm just looking for an all around grease for u-joints and such on various vehicles.

Green Grease

I also assumed this is the correct place for this subject...

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Grease is little more than oil (the lubricant) and additives (usually EP solids in the form of moly et al) mixed with a thickener (the base). The website appears to go out of it's way to avoid disclosing what any of it is and instead relies on typical marketing hype like "synthetic polymer". The color is certainly a marketing gimmick. Not to mention the price is stiff for not knowing what you're getting.

It may well be a decent grease for certain applications (different lubes and bases are incompatible with all applications, eg; "grease is not grease") but until I knew what the lube, EPs, and base (or bases in this case since it's mutli-complex) are my opinion is thus: There's a sucker born every minute. Don't be one of them...

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
How about CAT Desert Gold grease.

Someone countered the Green Grease recommendation with the desert gold saying the specs beat any other grease out there. CAT lists the full specs too, no mysterious magic super ingredient going on at least.