greddy turbo VS SP series kit

1sic7

owner of the 5 day mk3
Apr 2, 2005
Long Island NY
www.ifxcc.com
looking to upgrade my snail but im not sure on which i wanna go with not looking for a stupid amount of power maybe around 350-400 range i know the SP can handle that much but not sure bout the greddy can i get some feed back on this
like if any one is useing them how they like it Pro's and con's

-thanks Andre :wavey:

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
I still haven't seen any dyno charts for the Greddy 20G, but heard it spools very quick on the 7M while making in the low 400whp range.

The SP61GT is a bigger turbo, but still has very acceptable spool for 180cu. engine. From my experience and seeing other dyno charts, the SP61 is not going to make that much more power than comparable turbos at 18psi and under. But if you plan on really cranking up the boost, this turbo really comes alive above 20psi.

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
bolt on. you will need a new accordian hose or something else to fill the gap, oil lines and make a bracket for the dipstick.

Alpinesupra

Cars never talk back
Apr 6, 2005
mckinney, tx
i would do the sp 58 or 61 turbo. or would do what drjonz said, run the stock on 15psi.
but to hit the 300whp mark u might have to do some fuel tunning, but i know its capable, my friend christian hit 299rwhp with the vpc, and a couple of other things. but either way you will be fine what ever way you decide to go.

JOE(mkIIINA), how the turbo running?
-sean

huntin5L

Mar 31, 2005
Niles, IL
300 rwhp at 10lbs...thats impressive, what was done to it. Im at about 10lbs and i would say im at maybe 280ish at the crank. I figured its only about 11 maybe 12 hp per pound. Anywho, i don't even have an exhaust yet or a dp, all i have is an intake. But, the catback and becauseican dp soon to come.

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
I did not notice what supporting mods you have, but do not get the SP61GT if you have not foumd a way do defeat fuel cut (at 12psi). THe reason
I say this is because the SP61GT has a wastegate spring tension that will only allow you to run a minimum of 14-15psi. I think you will be happy with a CT-26 upgrade to start out with.

1sic7

owner of the 5 day mk3
Apr 2, 2005
Long Island NY
www.ifxcc.com
MRSUPRA said:
I did not notice what supporting mods you have, but do not get the SP61GT if you have not foumd a way do defeat fuel cut (at 12psi). THe reason
I say this is because the SP61GT has a wastegate spring tension that will only allow you to run a minimum of 14-15psi. I think you will be happy with a CT-26 upgrade to start out with.

imma wait till i finish doing my fuel upgrade all i need to do is get my 550's i have the afpr and walbro in the car and the lexus afm sitting on my shelf.........now i got the idea just to piece a turbo kit together that 10-20k mile rebuild on the ct-26 doesn't sit right with me i now immma want more hp down the road but for now 300 sounds good

Alpinesupra

Cars never talk back
Apr 6, 2005
mckinney, tx
MRSUPRA said:

that is true but why would you want to run anything lower than 14psi on a turbo that big?
the turbo is like twice the size of the ct, so please explain why.
-sean

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSUPRA

"that is true but why would you want to run anything lower than 14psi on a turbo that big?
the turbo is like twice the size of the ct, so please explain why. "
-sean

I wouldn't, the SP61GT is happier around 20psi. But its going to really frustrate someone who will be hitting fuel-cut everytime they boost with this turbo. Stock fuel-cut is 11-12psi, SP61GT minimum boost is 14-15psi. Without raising fuel cut with the LEX AFM or some other devise, you will not be able to boost for more than a couple of seconds before the ECU crashes the party.

malloynx

Mar 30, 2005
NC
yea i run the sp61gt turbo as well. the thing really comes alive @ 25psi. i think for your needs i would stay with a ct-26. with the sp61gt your going to want all the supporting mods to effectily (sp) run this turbo and not shoot your motor to the moon