Greddy T78 Turbo kit?

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
Facts:
Turbo bigger = more power.
Bigger = more lag
One less turbo = one less problem

In regards to a "good" upgrade, you need to tell us what you want from your car... a dyno queen, highway monster, or quick spooling street car, and what kind of power do you want.

Heartbeatracer

Sep 14, 2012
Utah
I want a highway monster but at the same time I want a track monster too, I plan on running my car at Nurbering in Germany next year, and also want to sweep the floor on some ferrari, Aston Martins, and whatever comes my way on the highway in Italy and Germany!

Heartbeatracer

Sep 14, 2012
Utah
I guess the question is

Greddy T78 Turbo kit - $2500
SARD 850 cc fuel system - $800
HKS VPRO version 3.24 - $1000

but i need to save some money :(
what's a good alternate to the HKS VPRO that's kinda cheap

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
You know, if you really want to be king of the hill (so to speak), look into more modern turbo technology. Both Comp and Garrett have some rather impressive turbos these days. Prices might be a bit more steep, but if you're looking for the best of the best, there you go. ;) The old Greddy turbo kits would have been pretty great... 15-20 years ago.

I would be more concerned with the brakes though... ARZ on here makes some great setups, and you literally can't beat the price either.

Heartbeatracer

Sep 14, 2012
Utah
well i dont have the money for that :( the one i'm getting is slightly used with 2,000 miles on it, I guess I can bolt on a garret turbo and sell the greddy a little later

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
No need to be upset man, I tend to look at things in ideals. I know all too well how money and ideals aren't very often the best of friends. :p

Heartbeatracer

Sep 14, 2012
Utah
Yeah I just spent another 5800$ to drop in a new 6 speed Getrag and triple clutch by OS Giken along with the 6 speed LSD since I was running a 5 speed, I have 285's on the rear and 245's on the front. I'm thinking about going with a decent newer tech turbo that may have a Universal flange to hook up to it.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Nick M;1892882 said:
The first and possibly only import win on Pinks was a 7MGTE Supra with a T78.
There was also a JZ powered Cressida that whooped a whole lot of Mustang ass if I remember correctly. Either way, Toyota inline 6 with boost are the only setups I've ever seen on there that did well at all.

Come to think of it, they should have a round of Pinks where nobody can enter a Fox or whatever the car that followed the Fox was called. Yes they're potent, yes they're cheap, but FFS, when you see at least one every episode, it gets kinda old...