Greddy quality control-sucked for me

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
My Story :
I purchased a full plug and play Harness from Greddy for my E-Manage blue about a year ago. This is when I had my 2JZ swap done in my MKIII and wanted to use it to get a tune for my car back then.
Since it was plug and play, I did just that and could not get the emanage to work with my car.
After numerous SW updates, checking everything on the unit etc, I couldn not get it to run and get my car to idle. So I gave up and threw the emanage and the harness under my bed.

Now with my 1.5JZ, Im running a Aristo ecu and harness and decided to plug and play the Emanage one more time. I ome across the same thing and even after borrowing a base map from ZAZZN, still no go.
Out of frustration, I put the emanage for sale and bought a Apexi NEO as I was tired of driving my car under stock boost.

Last night, I took the Greddy harnes and converted it to work with my NEO and it worked, however, I noticed at ZERO setting and nor MAP, the car was running super lean - WTF???
So I looked and so no RPM signal displayed so I got suspicious of the Greddy harness. After spending an hour and going through the pin out on the NEO booklet and the TSRM, I found out that the so called "RPM" Signal that Greddy had Tapped into was actually pin # 48 on the E9 connector. Can't be right as everything else I looked at said to tap into PIN # 58 of E9.
So after tracing and retracing, I connected the RPM signal to PIN 58 and guess what, MY AF reading goes back down, car does not stall and starts to idle like normal with the NEO. I can also see the RPM signal displayed which is awesome.

I found out that the Greddy RPM signal was actually tapping into the O2
(Oxygen Sensor) signal - a big WTF????

So now I have to ship out my perfectly fine Greddy Emanage, sell my NEO, and buy another Emanage lol. What a hassle....

Sorry for the rant. POS Greddy's QC caused me headaches...

Moe