greddy profec b weird noises/weird boost. help

str8_6

master yuepeng
Mar 14, 2007
wa
i have the greddy profec b II installed and at first it worked flawlessly. boosted to 18psi with no problems...then all of a sudden it would make this weird rattling noise from the stepper motor. whats weird is if i sometimes adjust the balance knob to mild it'll get worse(louder noise)...only sometimes though.

also when i boost it'll hit 10psi...BAM...no problem...then it'll hesistate...and hesistate more...trying to get past 10psi...then BAM...15PSI....hesistates more..then by the time i know i hit 18psi...sometimes it doesnt even go pass 10psi unless i'm really forcing the throttle. would the wiring cause it to do this? i do also notice that when i turn my turbo timer on it gets a lot worse and when i signal the stepper motor will make a noise per signal.

its really weird and i'm starting to think its the stepper motor but i dont know where i'd get one separately. plus it was working excellent for a long time. what do you guys think?

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
That's the solenoid cycling. It's a normal(ish) noise. Mine did it before I insulated teh base from the frame. If yours just started making the noise however, it's probably a bigger problem, like there might be some debris inside of it. Try swapping the solenoid with another one to see if the boost problems go away.