Great, a Toyota for redneck...

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
What motor are they going to run in it, isn't NASCAR still running carbs? I doubt there will be too much TOYOTA in that car. I still think it will be mainly domestic parts.:dunno:

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
jimi87-t said:
What motor are they going to run in it, isn't NASCAR still running carbs? I doubt there will be too much TOYOTA in that car. I still think it will be mainly domestic parts.:dunno:

you are shitting me right?

1uz + Holly winston cup car CARB + tweaking = 800 hp easily.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
In the old days of Group A here in Australia just about anything was eligible as long as enough cars had been sold...... right up until the Ford Sierra's dominated and then the GTR Skylines..

Our 2 big car companies got pissy and started what amounts to a silhouette series with them bending over backwards to make sure neither of the 2 makes has an advantage :(...

You have to wonder how they will correct a Toyota V8 being smaller capacity but more advanced in design..

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
IJ. said:
In the old days of Group A here in Australia just about anything was eligible as long as enough cars had been sold...... right up until the Ford Sierra's dominated and then the GTR Skylines..

Our 2 big car companies got pissy and started what amounts to a silhouette series with them bending over backwards to make sure neither of the 2 makes has an advantage :(...

You have to wonder how they will correct a Toyota V8 being smaller capacity but more advanced in design..

HP rating

all v8 in NASCAR are limited to power. and the weights are roughly the same.. almost at minimum so expect extra wieght on the Toyota cars to make them as heavy as the other cars AND more than likely restrictors to lower the HP during super speedways.

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
figgie said:
you are shitting me right?

1uz + Holly winston cup car CARB + tweaking = 800 hp easily.

I figured they would mod a Toyo + carb. (but then again, thats not really toyo tech IMO). Isn't there regulations on bore and stroke? I really have no clue. But what about the chassis? Aaaaahhhh, haha, I don't really care. I personally don't like nascar. So even with a toyo running, I still won't be watching:biglaugh:

7MGTEJoe

Mar 31, 2005
Salinas, CA
It's a clean sheet pushrod V8 running the standard 5.7 liters of displacement. It's pretty similar to a small block chevy, it even shares the 1st and 2nd gen SBC bellhousing bolt pattern so it has lots of transmission options.

grsupra87

Let's go Pens!!
I hate to say it, to each his own, but, I hate NASCAR. Regulating all performance options so everyone is equal is ridiculous (oooh its all driver skill not machine lol). I know they aren't the only ones to do it, but Nascar seems to really go nuts about it, and then using restricters to limit performance as well....the cars don't excite me....and I don't respect driving skill on loop courses where bumping is a strategy....so many other things I personally don't like about Nascar, but thats just me. That being said, Toyota offers no sports cars to buy (I exclude Lexus as they aren't entering a Lexus into nascar) so what do they have to gain. There is no "racing image" to enhance unless you want to race your Camry to the grocery store. Just my opinion. I know I have a very limited knowledge of nascar, because it doesn't interest me. I just don't know why Toyota would want to be involved.

Silent Smith

Jerk.
Nov 30, 2005
Mississauga
If nascar was anywhere near "stock" cars it would be worth watching. Tube chassis cars with literally no parts in common with a production vehicle that are essentially matched in preformance is a waste of race gas.

xride63

May 24, 2005
cherry hill
blah nas car. i say build up a old rwd corolla (carborated.) and just ripp on their domestic v8's. or drop a 7m in one. they are way light and it'd be plenty of power.

but theres nothing stock about the whole situation.....

oval racing is sucha waste. save it for the street. strip or autocross if thats your bag. i don't know what would compell someone to drive in a circle till they need tires then continue driving in a circle.