Grandpa died tonight

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
Well I got some bad news tonight, my grandpa who is 86 and lives in North Carolina passed away this evening. My moms pretty tore up and I can't blame her it's gotta be hell losing a father. He suffered several strokes and ended up having heart failure in the hospital.

My grandma on moms side died in 2000 and then her brother died in 2004 and so he was last one left on her side except her sister, who had been taking care of my grandpa. Moms probably going to fly out for the funeral, sammy may go too. I won't be, I need to be around in case job opens up and I saw him in July when he was healthy, he kinda acted different then and was almost like he was trying to say goodbye, I almost think he knew it was coming soon so I'd rather remember him that way and not be there for all that stuff. My mom wasn't able to go to my grandma's funeral so I think it'll be good for her to be at this one, I just feel really bad for her.

I wasn't real close to him, I saw him a lot when I was little but once we moved away I rarely saw him and only talked to him on the phone a few times a year. I don't know life's crazy sometimes, my little brother sammy will be 9 on wednesday but the birthday won't be anywhere near as happy as we were hoping, I hope mom can get through it and stay happy like she had been she was finally feeling good and full of energy so I hope she can keep that once she's accepted this whole tragedy.

It sucks not being able to do anything other than be here for her and sammy, dads in afghanistan so he can't even do that, so I bet it sucks for him too. My grandpa had been through a lot in his life, its sad he had to pass but I am glad he didn't have to be on life support or anything, he was very much against that stuff, he was a tough man but I guess he was tired of fighting, I'll miss him.

Anyway just wanted to let you all know.

Will

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Never easy losing a member of the family. :(

I hope he lived a full life, but at 86, how could you not?

My condolences, hope the family can recover swiftly and celebrate his life. :)

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
Thanks guys, yeah he was kicked out by his dad at 10 after his mother died, he was in the Army in WW2, fought in the 82nd airborne. Lived in a bad nieghborhood for a while till my grandma an uncle died then they convinced him to move after his house was burglarized he lost his WW2 rifle, pistol, unifroms and pictures and all.

Im more sad for her than him, I think hes happier now but shes taking it hard so is my little brother, thanks for the support guys.

juhanis

2jza70
Jan 11, 2006
Los Gatos, California
i had something like this happen to me last year. i treated it as a learning expirence. i'm glad i did. i can understand your loss, and i'm sorry. things happen for a reason, and i'm sure the same applies to your situation. good luck in the future sir.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Just think of all the things that man got to see over the last 86 years...

A very incomplete list:

The traffic signal
Self winding watch
Frozen food
The Loudspeaker
The spiral notebook
Liquid fueled rockets
PEZ Candy
The quartz crystal watch
Television
Penicillin
Bubble gum
The electric razor
The car radio
Scotch tape
neoprene
The analog computer
The jet engine
Stop action photography
The electron microscope
Polaroid photography
The zoom lens
The radio telescope
FM radio
Magnetic recordings
Radar
The photocopier
Ballpoint pen
The helicopter
Color television
The digital computer
The atomic bomb
The microwave oven
Mobile phones
Velcro
Credit cards
Radial tires
The transistor radio
Oral contraceptives
Teflon
Mc Donalds
The hovercraft
Lasers
The pacemaker
Contact lenses
the Compact disc
The calculator
The ATM
LCD
The VCR
The disposable lighter
The internet
The answering machine
DVD's
Space flight
The artificial heart
The artificial liver

We can only hope to see 1/2 of what he got to see. He lived in amazing times, you could do a lot worse.

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
Yeah he got to see a lot, haha he shot a television once with his garand because it was broken and out of warranty and he was missing his favorite show, he was pretty no nonsense, they tried robbing his home 3 times when he was home only to be arrested they got in when he was gone when they took all that stuff. I looked up to him a lot he was stubborn sometimes but he was a genuine badass in a lot of ways but he wasnt a bully he stuck up for people he donated clothes food and his time to help his neighbors, and people loved him.

Thanks again guys, I appreciate it. Pretty good list by supracentral, lot of stuff we take for granted.

GuNDeZZZ

Was dgilman360
Sep 28, 2006
Lakeland Florida
I'm truly sorry for your family's loss.

All I can offer for advice, because I know how your mom feels, my dad passed a little over a year ago, is be there for her, she is going to feel depression and regret for not spending the amount of time she thinks she could have with him, like I am and have been dealing with.

Be there for her, if she is down comfort her, remind her he had a fruitful long interesting life, and is lucky to have had family like you guys that loved him.

I deal with regret that in the last year my dad was alive excluding the last month he was in the hospital and hospice care, I didn't speak to him much nor spent the time I should have with him, I miss him every day and he is always in the back of my mind. Just remember your mom is going to miss him just like you will even though you may have not been that close to him.

When she comes home, try to keep her occupied, like taking her out to dinner etc... Sitting around doing nothing is when depression hits its hardest.

I don't know what else to say...

Time heals wounds.

He is in a better place also.

If you guys need anything, let me know.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
it hurts knowing that theres bad times for you right now. i wish only the best. but as said before for a man that saw 86 years of life, to me that was a good pull. alot of things changed during his time that he seen and we wouldnt understand. i chuckled at the blasting the tv. I have a feeling that he wasnt there to bs and knew how to throw down when needed. like you said. anyways take it easy and remember those good times not the bad.