grand national turbo

rocktownmkIII

Jul 28, 2007
rockford il
I was wondering if anyone on the forum was familar with a stock turbo from a grand national. Im going to buy a stock 50 trim ct26 from him and he said he had a turbo from gn hed throw in for free. anyone know some info on this turbo?

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
That is a 3.8L v6. Turbo is bigger than ours by a significant margin. Requires machine work on the turbo to get it to bolt on to the 7m turbo manifold.

In otherwords expensive paper weight in our car.

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
I actually just saw one of these turbo's the other day on a Grand National outside of Napa Parts in Newark NJ. I can't comment on the turbine since the turbo was installed, however, inducer housing looked similar in size to the ct-26 with the exception that it was really really narrow. The housing also had "garrett" cast on it, so I'm not sure if this was factory or aftermarket. It looked beat to all hell either way.

Sil

Evil Empire
Jan 13, 2008
Milwaukee/Chicago
How much you want for it? My buddy's a G body fanatic. And whoever thought GN's were not intercooled, those were the early 3.8's I believe only in 82 (Only 25 turbo models made that year). 84 (no GN's in 83) and on GN's all had the intercooled and turbo'ed 3.8.

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
I have an upgraded PT-61 Grand national turbo on one of my supras. 3 bolt foot print flange and all. Runs pretty well.

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
MarkIII4Me;1078305 said:
I actually just saw one of these turbo's the other day on a Grand National outside of Napa Parts in Newark NJ. I can't comment on the turbine since the turbo was installed, however, inducer housing looked similar in size to the ct-26 with the exception that it was really really narrow. The housing also had "garrett" cast on it, so I'm not sure if this was factory or aftermarket. It looked beat to all hell either way.

you talking about the napa on central ave in newark?

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
MarkIII4Me;1081065 said:
That's the one. I was staying at a friends on Clifton Ave. Nice Area...friendly:icon_roll

hahahaha..... very friendly area. so easy to make friends. those guys at napa are pretty cool. they are always asking me about whats new with the supra. they are always going to down to etown on the weekends. they hook me up with the c16 when i need it.

-pete