Gran Turismo 5, anyone?

IrishRon

Nov 16, 2010
NW Georgia
With GT5 less than a week away, will anyone be playing it? If any of you will be up for it, my PSN ID is Sudoh, just put Supramania in the message with a friend request.

I'm looking forward to the track designer. First thing is a a recreation of the original Road Atlanta track, that way I can relive totalling out my 300zx turbo just beyond the Nissan bridge :yikes: <-- yes, I am showing my age there, as it hasn't been called that for a loooong time.

EDIT - added PSN ID's:

SuprA70 - gtkof
Bluechulappa - Bluechulappa
NashMann - NashMann
mytmk3 - bhgmk3
steven89 - Notvis
te72 - BHG_LOL
IrishRon - Sudoh

When sending a friend request, please put SupraMania in there somewhere. It will help us know who to accept, and who not to. I get tons of friend requests, and unless I know where they are coming from, I don't accept. Thanks.

Last edited:

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Already paid off my collector edition. What can I say, I've been a GT junkie since GT2 came out in 1999. :)

PSN id = BHG_LOL

Last edited:

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
Dirgle;1641860 said:
When I see it on the shelf, I will buy it. Until then it's still vaporware as far as I'm concerned.

I've been playing it all day today, got myself an early copy :D
fucking amazing so far. HD install takes approx 40 minutes, so make some food while you install it. INTRO VIDEO WAS EPIC.
Kai;1641866 said:
The car list is a big disappointment - variations on a theme of Skylines, S2000's and Civics...BOOOORING. Very few US and EU cars. When they become available as DLC's, i'll get it.

hah. Yea not a disappointment at all for far from me.

supramk3speed

Dec 4, 2008
Texas
I hope they let you do motor swaps like forza, otherwise it should still be a very good game. Well it better be with how long it has taken to complete.

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
supramk3speed;1641943 said:
I hope they let you do motor swaps like forza, otherwise it should still be a very good game. Well it better be with how long it has taken to complete.

doesn't look possible so far from what i've played, but i haven't done much except for licenses and events.
Also... Go karts kick some serious ass haha. so fun.

7thousandpiecesMGTE

Boostin USA
Apr 9, 2007
Harford County, Maryland
I'm getting it. I was hoping for motorswaps too..... Can't wait to dust off the ol' G25 wheel and actually use the clutch pedal!

Kai I am sure there will be more cars to download in the future ($), and maybe some secret unlockables?

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
^ uh huh we will see

on side note add me to ps3 user name NashMann

game si ahve and play are black ops right now and super street fighter

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
i just looked at the car list theres lots of re copies of the same car

so there about 850 diffent cars instead of 1032

some makes only have 3 witch is ummm odd

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
SupraOfDoom;7967507 said:
specialstageroute71.jpg

kyotogionr.jpg

5z0Ex.jpg

:O. I want it so bad. Car list is amazing.

IrishRon

Nov 16, 2010
NW Georgia
te72;1642397 said:
Does it deem one crazy to flip the bed up against the wall (vertically) in order to attach your G27 to one of these?:

http://www.amazon.com/Playseat-Evolution-Gaming-Seat/dp/B000O00JE8/ref=pd_sim_sg_1

Yeah, that's crazy... I mean, no power lumbar support... no power side bolsters... no power seat angle adjustments... no power reclining backrest...

OK, so I have the front seats from my old SHO, and I built some gaming seats out of them. Two 6V lantern batteries provide power for each seat, Sony 6x9 explode mounted underneath the seats, 1/4 horse motors with unbalanced weights provide the "rumble" feature. sick, sick, sick.