Got my Supra!!!

Fletch124

2jz swapped!
Jul 17, 2005
Reno, Nevada
Yesterday drove to Sacramento to go check out Ken(Paddlenbikes) supra. And well the one thing that i didnt think would happen did, i drove it home. Its super clean and fun. Im living life at 10psi on low boost and really enjoying it.

p280892_1.jpg

p280892_2.jpg

p280892_3.jpg

p280892_4.jpg

p280892_5.jpg

Body/Chassis:
1989+ rear spoiler
1989+ JDM tinted taillights
New 1989+ rear power antenna
17x8.5” front and 17x9.5 rear Supra twin turbo wheels and new Kumho Ectsa tires
New Toyota TEMS struts on all four corners
Suspension Techniques (ST) linear-rate coil springs (stock-like ride)
Factory removeable roof
154,000 miles on chassis
Body is straight and paint is in decent shape--right rear quarter panel has peeling clearcoat

Engine:
Completely rebuilt ~3,000 miles ago.
Very high level of attention went into this engine rebuild.
The block was hot tanked, bored 0.017” over to accommodate Ross forged pistons and rings. Used Ron Ramirez’s 7M torque plate so the bores were done under stress.
Connecting rods were resized and fitted with ARP rod bolts
Used all “numbers matching” Toyota main bearings and rod bearings. Each journal was mic’d and plastigaged and are well within factory spec.
Crankshaft was micropolished
Block and head were properly milled for a 1.4 MM Cometic metal headgasket. An excel spreadsheet was used to fit the proper sized headgasket to keep the stock compression ratio and good quench numbers.
New Toyota oil pump, oil pump driveshaft bearings and all new internal seals (front and rear main seals, oil pump driveshaft seal, cam seals, etc.) New Toyota engine block freeze plugs.
The entire rotating assembly was performance balanced (you can see the gun-drilling on the crank).
Vacuum test was conducted on the head and all the valves sealed well within spec. Replaced the valve stem seals with OEM Toyota parts. Did a valve shim adjustment (have all before and after specs in my records.)
All hoses were replaced in the past two years. New Toyota oil cooler hoses.
New Toyota water pump
Brand new OEM Toyota 1992 starter (the newer threaded design for ease of removal)
Resurfaced flywheel and exhaust manifolds.
New Spec Stage II Kevlar clutch
New front and rear transmission seals
New driveshaft center support bearing

Bolt-on engine modifications:

K&N FIPK (airfilter)
550 cc Nippon Denso fuel injectors (cleaned and flow balanced)
Lexus V8 airflow meter
New Toyota MKIV Twin Turbo (Denso) fuel pump
Aeromotive Adjustable fuel pressure regulator kit with stainless lines & fuel pressure gauge
Toyota turbocharger was rebuilt and upgraded to a 60-trim T04E wheel by Performance Techniques
Porsche-spec Bosch blow off valve
Satin black ceramic-coated Defcon exhaust downpipe with bung for wideband probe
3” universal cat converter
3” mandrel high-dollar HKS dual-outlet exhaust. Looks stock and is only slightly louder than stock.

Electronics:
Apexi S-AFC fuel computer mounted in glovebox.
Greddy Profec B electronic boost controller with low and high boost modes.
Greddy Turbo Timer (with the newer blue LCD screen); both items cleanly mounted in custom DIN slot below the stereo

Last edited:

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
Wow man, I hope you give it the same love Ken did. That car is immaculate.
I'm pretty sure Ken had a hard time letting it go. I always drooled over it everytime I saw it in person :)

Fletch124

2jz swapped!
Jul 17, 2005
Reno, Nevada
89jdm7m said:
dude, what boost gauge is that... i know it doesn't fit right, but i know it can be made to... just curious, b/c it looks so close to stock

Absolutely no idea. Only problem with it is that its doesnt light up well and the needles doesnt light up at all so at night its kinda hard to see.

suprastanger507mgte said:
Wow man, I hope you give it the same love Ken did. That car is immaculate.
I'm pretty sure Ken had a hard time letting it go. I always drooled over it everytime I saw it in person

Dont worry i will. Yea i think he was crying when i rolled out the driveway.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Nice. That is how I like them. 89 rear, with 87-88 front. I personally prefer 89 rear without any spoiler. But enough hi-jack. Nice looking ride.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Nice Supra Fletch... That's hot... And you live in one of my favorite cities in the world... I love Reno... To have that car, take it up Mt Rose HWY! FUN FUN FUN! Or haul ass across Washoe valley to Carson... Or roll the strip with the top off... Lucky bastard... :D:D:D

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Great looking car. I love how clean it is and how well it was built. Your one lucky sob, and I mean that with all the jealousy I can muster.............lol

Fletch124

2jz swapped!
Jul 17, 2005
Reno, Nevada
Reign_Maker said:
Nice Supra Fletch... That's hot... And you live in one of my favorite cities in the world... I love Reno... To have that car, take it up Mt Rose HWY! FUN FUN FUN! Or haul ass across Washoe valley to Carson... Or roll the strip with the top off... Lucky bastard... :D:D:D

How many times have you been to Reno? Washoe valley fun fun but helicopters sometimes.

Thanks alot for all the comments. Im glad to be here and to own this car.