Got my new Turbo today

toyman1987

Apr 2, 2005
Omaha
Picked it up today, Precision GT4067R .81A/R
A local speed shop shop has had it for a while, Customer bought it for a project car and never finished before he sold the car, Got it cheap:naughty:

Hopefully get it on tomorrow and get to the dyno for final tuning.

dsc01239hs8.jpg

dsc01238ki4.jpg

Last edited:

toyman1987

Apr 2, 2005
Omaha
OK so now I am disappointed.

Two years ago I had car dynoed with stock ECU, put down 433RWHP

Then I bought the AEM, 3.5bar map and went speed density, tuned and dyno & put down 395RWHP and we we uped the boost pressure the HP kept going down, the stall was getting looser went up to 4000 started @ 3500 So we thought the converter wasn't holding and that's why the numbers weren't there. So I had the converter rebuilt, went through the trans again, went to dyno again 395RWHP:icon_mad:
So I get a deal on this turbo and think it's the answer to all my problems, got it installed, went to dyno AGAIN. uped the boost to 27psi and now I have a whopping 409RWHP. 14 less HP from the stock ECU and a 63mm turbo.

now Iv'e spent more than 3500.00 + I don't know how much in dyno costs and less HP. I am utterly disgusted.

I know this is an auto car and being tuned on a Mustang dyno, and I am not going to see the #s of a 5sp car on a dynojet, but come on now, this is rediculous.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Nate just did 735rwhp @31psi with the exact same turbo... Its not the turbo, its your set up... Something is the weak link, find it, fix it, and you'll enjoy the turbo more... I have the same turbo, same specs and everything...

Bigger exhaust will help, and bigger IC pipes... Are you still running stock throttle body?

toyman1987

Apr 2, 2005
Omaha
Reign_Maker said:
Nate just did 735rwhp @31psi with the exact same turbo... Its not the turbo, its your set up... Something is the weak link, find it, fix it, and you'll enjoy the turbo more... I have the same turbo, same specs and everything...

Bigger exhaust will help, and bigger IC pipes... Are you still running stock throttle body?

I know there has to be something, it is still the stock TB, thinking of unhooking the downpipe and see if there is a difference, prob have to wait till winter again and do the head, cams, and FFI with a bigger TB. I know I need to do it, just thought this would get me closer to 500. I'm just upset right now and venting.