Got my first ticket today.

rs4rush

Jan 25, 2007
Kirkland, Wa
Allright here is some pictures...

This is where I was standing when I was getting the ticket notice the sign 8ft away. It actually looks further than it actually is.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

This is a picture of the road gonig up hill... Notice 4 lane highway, no sidewalks and no turn in's just road.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

This is going down the street notice no turn in's etc.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

I contacted a traffic attorney and he said for 250.00 he could take it all away, so that's what I'm going to do.

~Cory

boosted1jz

in reconstruction
May 9, 2005
alpharetta ga
www.cardomain.com
what state do you live in??????

before doing the attorney wait a few days, and call the # on the back of the ticket, give them your ticket # and ask how much the fine is and if any points will be accessed.... $250 might be way more than the ticket itself.............

just trying to save you some $$$ and time

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
rs4rush;1071556 said:
I contacted a traffic attorney and he said for 250.00 he could take it all away, so that's what I'm going to do.

~Cory

LOL, I bet the fine for 10 over is FAR less than 250 and you can just do a diversion to keep it off your record...NOT to mention that you were in fact violating the law as you in fact admit....

ITS A FUCKING TICKET..pay it and move on, sheesh its not like you got tasered or something. :nono:

rs4rush

Jan 25, 2007
Kirkland, Wa
theWeezL;1071627 said:
LOL, I bet the fine for 10 over is FAR less than 250 and you can just do a diversion to keep it off your record...NOT to mention that you were in fact violating the law as you in fact admit....

ITS A FUCKING TICKET..pay it and move on, sheesh its not like you got tasered or something. :nono:

I am.

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
Hiring an attorney is a waste of your time, the courts time, and your money. You said when you were pulled over, and stopped, you were still 10ft in front of the sign. If you go to court, the officer will be there, along with the COBAN video. Thus making you and your attorney look extremely foolish. Judges don't like that. Don't take my word for it though. It's not like I know what I'm talking about.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
There's a spot around here where the speed limit drops from a 50MPH to a 30MPH zone with no intermediate. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal, right? Coast down to 30MPH... Except local police sit in the turn-in less than ten feet from the sign and you can't see them until you're passing them. So your choices are slam on your brakes or let off a good ways back a straight, flat, open country road. Right down the road from that is another road where the speed limit is 30MPH on a road about a mile long, with visibility the whole way, no turns, no turn ins, no animals, nothing. Normal country road, except the speed limit is 20MPH less. If you're going west on this road, there is no speed limit sign... However, local Sheriff (outside of town) will sit in the parking lot of the church at the end of the road, behind the church so you can't see him when you're headed west. There are also a set of rail road tracks at the west end of the road, with double stop signs. I've seen people get busted for rolling through the first one at a near complete stop and stopping at the second at 2 or 3 AM. A quick glance in both directions allows you to see a train from well over a mile out... I know rolling stops are illegal but these signs are literally close enough together to touch both at the same time, it makes me really mad when I see people get pulled over for this stuff. Both of these areas are very highly traveled places, and if you don't know the area you're extremely likely to get a ticket.

lppro

LP Performance & off road
Apr 21, 2007
Sugar Hill, Georgia, United States
i remember when i was in your shoes... when i got my forth ticket i was on th highway in a toyota prius with the cruse set at 65. in a 65. and i got a ticket for 91 in a 65...

5 tickets later (the last 4 i was actually was speeding) i bought a radar detector and i dont really speed anymore...

luckily each ticket only cost me like 70 bucks and no points or traffic school!