Got my exhaust done!

Bleakvoid

Wide-------------bodied
Oct 7, 2010
Fairfield, CA
Aaaand here's the video:

[video]http://youtu.be/WHBXn-VbjZw[/video]

Holy hell, that video tag makes that easy. Anyways, that's the beast as she sits right now...just welded up a flange to the melon cannon, popped it on, warmed up the car and shot the video on my phone. Used a bar clamp to steady the phone, lol. I really like the throaty sound it makes, and it's got this furious roar when you open it up.

:love: the sound a 7M makes!

That's an all-stock 7M, stock turbo and elbow, 3" mandrel downpipe, 3" non-mandrel catback, no cats, and the melon cannon. Now I'm just waiting for the rain to clear up so I can finish mounting it all up and get to work on my hub, door and bodywork!

Bleakvoid

Wide-------------bodied
Oct 7, 2010
Fairfield, CA
Luckily (or un-, depends how you look at it) I have the opportunity to change the bodywork due to an accident. Which means I'm going to attempt to revert to stock tails, if I ever get around to sourcing a set of Euro 89+ pieces.
62ea0e9b-41c3-3717.jpg

62ea0e9b-41d7-cd10.jpg

I may just do acrylic laid in with the fiberglass...but I need to get a sheet or two and try some things. I have the stuff and the know-how, I just don't want to rush job it and have to do it twice.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Glad to hear you're in one piece after the accident. Yes, your car is warmed up, but you're low on coolant...

Bleakvoid

Wide-------------bodied
Oct 7, 2010
Fairfield, CA
I've isolated that to either a bad sensor or a short in my cluster. I can fill it with coolant, and the light will turn on a few seconds after starting the motor. It makes me paranoid about BHG, even though it never burns coolant or goes above 1/2 on the temp gauge. I've even gone so far as to put a thermocouple on my good multimeter and drop it in the overflow...never goes above 220 or so when running.

Believe me, noone's as glad as I am that I'm still in one piece after that accident. I'm pretty sure what caused it all was a front lower ball joint not being torqued correctly, as the hub I removed had a stretched mounting point right there where it broke. Compared to the one I swapped in, there's no way in hell that stretching occurred all in one moment; the mounting hole is almost twice as long as it is wide when I put the two pieces together. Also, that nut was nowhere near 72 ft-lbs when I went to take it off, so...lesson learned: check torque on everything suspension when you buy a used car. Especially 20+ year old Japanese supercars.