Got my 2009 Corolla XRS last night! - Now with Pics! (56K iffy)

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
It's a corolla. They are all "peppy" in a way.

Very nice Jeff. It helps that you know work at the dealership. I work at a Honda dealer and when we got our first 6spd Accord in all the stupid salesmen were beating the piss out of it. Most of our cars come off the truck with only 1-2 miles on them too.

I really feel like I have to tell you... do your best with the paint! Keep it protected and wash it with only the right goods. It may only be a rolla, but might as well do what you can since it's still new.
We always joke about how newer black cars are only perfect once... lol

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
Maybe beating on the cars as soon as they're out of the truck isnt so bad. You should read up on motoman's breaking in technique. It seems pretty convincing, but who knows?

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
trydrew;950619 said:
I really feel like I have to tell you... do your best with the paint! Keep it protected and wash it with only the right goods. It may only be a rolla, but might as well do what you can since it's still new.
We always joke about how newer black cars are only perfect once... lol

My AE86 is black as well as my brother's truck and the Supra is dark blue. I know all too well the downsides, haha. :(

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
nice little car..

the hoods on Toyotas are getting shorter and shorter with each passing model..

the strut towers are right near the firewall..!

Those things are nice. My girl is looking at a tC, I might steer her towards an XRS...

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
Yeah, the bumpers keep going higher up as well making the hoods even that much shorter. I mean look at the Yaris hatchback, it's funny how small it is, especially when people put a hood deflector on it.

But it works I suppose ;).

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
No, we do not have any Scion's sold in Canada, though people do bring them up from the US every now and then. There are a few xB's kicking around, and we do have a tC on the lot right now actually, in silver.

Jeff

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
Depends where you are, here in Calgary they for the most part just use gravel, but some salt is mixed in. In Ontario on the other hand they just dump salt everywhere all the time, lol.

Jeff

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
Jeff Lange;951498 said:
Depends where you are, here in Calgary they for the most part just use gravel, but some salt is mixed in. In Ontario on the other hand they just dump salt everywhere all the time, lol.

Jeff

Truer words were never spoken.:3d_frown:

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
That's a nice looking car, Jeff. Congrats on buying one brand new! :)

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
2.4L 2AZ-FE engine from the Solara/Camry/RAV4
158hp, 162ft-lb of torque
5-speed tranny with 4.3:1 final drive
2850lbs curb weight
17x7 wheels

I think that's the main low-down ;).