Got my .040 over Wisecos today, Are they all coated?(Pics)

JT87NA

Mar 30, 2005
SLC, UT
Just got a set of .040 over Wiseco's today, they came with rings, wristpins and spiral locks. Got them for 645.00 shipped. I was surprised to see that they are coated....
Later.

upload.php

upload.php

upload.php

JT87NA

Mar 30, 2005
SLC, UT
IJ. said:
Uncoated JT!

If you're thinking of getting them done have the bores done first then get em coated not the other way around!
(Very nice slugs) :)

What is the grayish color on the skirts?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Much better pic thanks :)!

Back to the clearance Ross are saying 6 thou what do Wiseco say?
(just trying to get an idea if they're allowing for reduced expansion or not with the uncoated Crowns)(I know Adjuster had issues with his motor)

JT87NA

Mar 30, 2005
SLC, UT
IJ. said:
Much better pic thanks :)!

Back to the clearance Ross are saying 6 thou what do Wiseco say?
(just trying to get an idea if they're allowing for reduced expansion or not with the uncoated Crowns)(I know Adjuster had issues with his motor)

On the sheet that came with the pistons it says .0025 I will probably go with .004 thousandths.

JT87NA

Mar 30, 2005
SLC, UT
IJ. said:
thanks JT!

What's next?
<edit> Damn that's tight for a forged piston!

Getting a crank from Malloynx, magging it, grinding it if needed, hopefully just polishing it. Get a set of Kings main/rod bearings, some thrust washers, plastigauge. Having a party and assembling my engine. LOL.

JT87NA

Mar 30, 2005
SLC, UT
IJ. said:
LMAO just remember "friends don't let friends drink and assemble 7M's" ;)

We will only be using meth and crack. Not to worry. You think I would let my friends assemble it when they were drunk.

BTW: I was joking about the meth and crack :icon_bigg

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
JT87NA said:
We will only be using meth and crack. Not to worry. You think I would let my friends assemble it when they were drunk.

BTW: I was joking about the meth and crack :icon_bigg
LMAO had a mate turn up one night on Speed he used to get the "Mechanicals" instead of the "Munchies" and tear his car apart!

I was finishing off a tube frame and cage and he asked if there was anything he could do, joking I said you could take this 1" paint brush and prime all the welds!

This was 1 am so I headed off to bed and yep when I woke he was still out there working away!

JT87NA

Mar 30, 2005
SLC, UT
IJ. said:
LMAO had a mate turn up one night on Speed he used to get the "Mechanicals" instead of the "Munchies" and tear his car apart!

I was finishing off a tube frame and cage and he asked if there was anything he could do, joking I said you could take this 1" paint brush and prime all the welds!

This was 1 am so I headed off to bed and yep when I woke he was still out there working away!

Lol, thats great. No wonder you get work on your car done so quick. I might have to assemble an army of speed freaks to do my work for me now.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
:) I'm a bit OCD so get carried away when I'm working and forget to eat/drink so manage to get a lot done in a short time!

Only hassle with Speed Freaks is if they need $$$ most of your parts will walk!

You going to post some vids when it's running again?
(being on the other side of the world sucks as I can't drop by to see in person)

JT87NA

Mar 30, 2005
SLC, UT
IJ. said:
:) I'm a bit OCD so get carried away when I'm working and forget to eat/drink so manage to get a lot done in a short time!

Only hassle with Speed Freaks is if they need $$$ most of your parts will walk!

You going to post some vids when it's running again?
(being on the other side of the world sucks as I can't drop by to see in person)

Yeah definately will post up some vids, who knows when I will get it all back together though. I am redoing my fuel sytem (ie walbro, aeromotive afpr, fpd delete, jtube blockoff. I am already on a tight budget since I am still in school, so it might take me a bit to get everything I need. I also need to pick up an egt gauge and thermocouple, 2mm MHG, Spec stage III clutch, Stock PP, get Flywheel machined, and get all the other misc hoses and other things I will need to get it up and running to my liking.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
Yep I can feel ya on the waiting for $$$ thing when I was a kid I lived on 2 minute noodles so I could buy parts!

Having ready $ these days makes it go a bit quicker but there are still stupid hold ups that drag it on!

Off out to the workshop now catch ya later!
(post LOTS of pics) ;)