Got me a new car

dude4253

the speed of slow
Oct 9, 2007
Gainesville, Florida
So as some of you have seen in my for sale thread my car was totaled by some lady in a mini van :3d_frown:
But the good news is I got a new car: 1989 240sx with a SR20DET
The guy i bought it from was a friend of a friend and for what i paid for it I pretty much stole it form him. I was planning on putting a 1jz in when i bought it but just the mounts are around $1500 so that idea went out the window. I am amazed at the power of this thing and only at 13 psi!
Fell free to chime in if you know anything about these that I should know because my knowledge is currently nill
Here is his build thread: http://zilvia.net/f/chat/136986-my-s13-build-progress-56k-warning.html
It's night right now but I'll take some exterior ones in the morning
Engine shot
p1565604_1.jpg

Interior
p1565604_2.jpg

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
It's not the power you're amazed at, it's the lightness. ;)

I had an 89 XE about 5 years ago, before I got into Supras. Squirelly as all hell in stock form, either mine was just a POS or they really need some suspension and chassis work. Or maybe they're just supposed to go sideways any time the ground isn't dry, I dunno. Wouldn't mind having another one someday though. You ever get those exterior shots?

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
there is one thing you should cheek on thous motors are the oil pans

there pick up sit very low so if dented just abit will re salt in oil starving then rod knock

that or buy a greddy oil pan what a lot of people do

dude4253

the speed of slow
Oct 9, 2007
Gainesville, Florida
Te72- The way it drives is different to say the least but sideways always seemed like the way to go in these.
Dub- It does run and runs quite well, it idles nice (a rare in most of these swaps) and it pulls hard for being almost stock.
Nahs- It currently has the stock oil pan with not dents, but I have been looking at the greddy upgrade

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Don't get me wrong, I really liked driving them, a buddy of mine sold his REALLY clean/tasteful 93 Prelude to buy a 95 240sx... I really liked that car. Key word being liked haha... Did you know, that under the right conditions, being a complete dumbass can make a 240sx two WHOLE feet shorter than Nissan made it? :p