Google Maps - Satellite Images

Jonnymkiii

High Altitude
Mar 31, 2005
Boulder, Co
Google has deployed http://maps.google.com/ recently. It's pretty cool because you can also see satellite images as well (Map or Satellite option on the right hand side). You can look up your house or whatever else you would like. Unfortunately, if an area is too rural you will not be able to zoom in very much. Anyhoo, I just thought I would pass that along - enjoy.

W

www.txsupras.com

See my house, the images are maybe I'd say about two years old.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Images aren't *that* old. We cut down a big old pine tree in our front yard last summer. The photos were taken after the tree was cut down.

There was a house recently demolished to put in a road extension in my area as well, about a month ago. The house still shows on the photos - so, I'd say the images are 1 to 6 months old.

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
hmm....Central VA is hard to tell - the resolution in my neighborhood isn't great.....but theres only one bright thing in the driveway.....which means I had the Supra up at school, so it was probably last year - also the highway extension near my house isn't done in the photo

W

www.txsupras.com

GrimJack said:
Images aren't *that* old. We cut down a big old pine tree in our front yard last summer. The photos were taken after the tree was cut down.

There was a house recently demolished to put in a road extension in my area as well, about a month ago. The house still shows on the photos - so, I'd say the images are 1 to 6 months old.

Well, as far as mine is concerned, it is at least over 1.5 yrs old. A large pool was built a cpl blocks from the pad, and ground hadn't even been broken in the images.

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
they're fairly old in my area... there's a white car parked in my spot beside my house so its either my mk2 (two years ago) or my accord (longer than that)

either way, VERY cool :)

encomiast

boosted kraut
Mar 31, 2005
germany
cool, so when I got someone's address, I can look what kind of area/house he's living in and evaluate if he's well off or rather poor and draw a conclusion on his/her social situation... nice feature :icon_roll

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
encomiast said:
cool, so when I got someone's address, I can look what kind of area/house he's living in and evaluate if he's well off or rather poor and draw a conclusion on his/her social situation... nice feature :icon_roll

Your in Germany....we dont need a map to figure out your social situation :rofl:

-Jonathan

encomiast

boosted kraut
Mar 31, 2005
germany
so, what are you trying to tell me, yankee? :asshole:

by the way, the short form of "you are" is "you're", not "your" :doublebir

L

lanky189

siman said:
Your in Germany....we dont need a map to figure out your social situation :rofl:

-Jonathan

Siman... read the off topic rules. No racial/ethnic comments.

Why is this the second time I've said something to you?