Goodbye SupraMania

Status
Not open for further replies.

esc

WUM WUM!
Mar 30, 2005
Winston, NC
Welp, it's time for my farewell. This is supposed to be a community, in communities generally people get along. But, not so the case here.

But for the ones who actually provide useful information and are good people, thank you for your contributions. I still have a few of you guys on my AIM list and I think that list will probably stay as is.

TONY!

Habitual Supra Killer
Mar 30, 2005
Tonyland
esc said:
Welp, it's time for my farewell. This is supposed to be a community, in communities generally people get along. But, not so the case here.
Sounds so dramatic. Yes this is a community, but as in all communities, friction can occur (religious, classroom/academic, family, neighborhood, nightclub scenes, biker hangouts). ALL COMMUNITIES HAVE FRICTION. Open ones such as forums don’t require any one to qualify based on criminal record, IQ, academic achievements etc etc. All you need is a computer. Based on our lack of requirements, I would still say (as I have in the past) that the average member is far better then the average person you would find on the street. To even be on here, means that you have some degree of being a sociable person. Maybe your idea of community is one that is derived from a fictional TV show.
If you are going to start a thread like this that is very vague as to why you feel this way, I will interpret it as me in the picture too—you never did mention the offending party.

IF it is based on me & Sexxxy_Beast, our members should know that he was banned for his threats towards three moderators, and one never even spoke to him here or in PM that I know of. Here is what the banned member said to one of our moderators:

chronicman707: I hope your going to the supra meet in LV, when i see you, and your shitty car, lets just say that you dont need hotel reservations because your gonig to be spending the night in the hospital. And get a tow truck for your POS, its barely a car as is, imagine what its going to be like after im done with it.

One of our members here (I won’t say his name for his sake) did not approve of one of my posts. He gave me a bad rep point (first ever for me). "Very uncool for a Mod to do this in a thread Tony should take it to PM"
I am as always, Tony Mawad. As a mod or a member or as a person, I have high standards for how I behave. I have never flamed anyone for the sake of entertainment or enjoyment, which is more than I can say for him. I got a bad rep point, but what about all my other contributions? I may be the only one he has ever gave a bad rep point to. I guess in his eyes I am still below all. Also I am not in the habit from walking away from challenges or think that Sexxxy_Beast should be allowed to openly slander me in front of all. A public response and defense from me was in order to follow his.

This is what it is like to have IM’s from the member that he was so sympathetic for

chronicman707: obcourse youd be online
chronicman707: what a looser. Your online all the time, GET A JOB
chronicman707: homo
Tony Mawad: oh hi
Tony Mawad: how are you my friend?:)!

That is 100% of it, no reply after that. Not too concerned about anything other than attacks.
I am not nearly online as much as it would appear, I don’t log out so it appears that I am always on. I will change that in the future. Many times my computer is not even in the house & I am at work with it & it appears that I am home. LMAO
Nope, not a homo either.

Lines of communications were non functional as you can see. Sexxxy_Beast even told me that he would not read my post in one of his. The member that gave me a bad rep point or other members should consider such things or consider that they don’t know all relevant info on the matter. And Sexxxy_Beast did not get banned because of me; he did because he said he would put a mod in the hospital & because of his own actions.

If you don’t like my response or think it is irrelevant, you should have been clearer on what it is you are talking about. I took the time to respond because you wanted to be vague. The case I mentioned is the only one I can think of…and you got an excellent response at that.

As one member said, It is your loss when if leave.
Good luck finding fair tale land (where all hold hands happily ever after).

EDIT: for clarity

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
It is very sad that a few rotten apples can ruin things for the rest of us. How many members will we have to lose to this?

So many keyboard warriors.

I can almost guarantee that the member making threats about not needing a hotel room in Vegas will NOT have the guts to do anything once we get there - if he even has the intestinal fortitude to show up at all (unlikely).

My local news chanel did a report on Internet Bullies recently. MAN! I just lost what little respect I had for bullies. At least in the past a bully had to actually confront their victim directly and risk an asswhoopin right there if they chose the wrong target. Now they prove they really are trying to compensate for some personal inadequacies by hiding. What a crock!

If anyone wants to know where I'll be so they can disagree with any of my viewpoints I can guarantee you that I will be at the PacNW Supra Nationals in Portland in July (for more information see http://PacNW.Supras.Org) and will also be in Las Vegas in October for SILV05 (for more information see http://Vegas.Supras.Org). I am not simply saying I'll be somewhere so people can go look for me and I can be safely at home cowering in the corner.

Keith H
White 1989 Turbo
Portland Oregon

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
KeithH said:
If anyone wants to know where I'll be so they can disagree with any of my viewpoints I can guarantee you that I will be at the PacNW Supra Nationals in Portland in July (for more information see http://PacNW.Supras.Org) and will also be in Las Vegas in October for SILV05 (for more information see http://Vegas.Supras.Org). I am not simply saying I'll be somewhere so people can go look for me and I can be safely at home cowering in the corner.

Keith H
White 1989 Turbo
Portland Oregon

hey keith...im gonna hunt you down in vegas...............

and shake your hand for organizing a badass meet every year ;) :p

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
esc said:

But for the ones who actually provide useful information and are good people, thank you for your contributions. I still have a few of you guys on my AIM list and I think that list will probably stay as is.

I'm sorry to hear you feel that way. You’re turning your back on a wealth of information and personal experience. A far as Online communities go this has by far been one of the better ones I've been on. The maturity level of the majority of our members is much higher than most. This may offend you and I'm sorry if it does because it wasn't meant to. But you need to quit getting so worked up over what people say, you are who you are and if they have a problem with it well then it sucks to be them. So what if everybody doesn’t get along with you. It's there problem not yours, so deal with it. Well, stay or go, it's up to you, but you still own a supra so your still part of the community weather you frequent the forums or not. Well that’s all I got to say so, later.

Last edited:

LamaRossa

One and Only LamaRossa
Apr 6, 2005
ct
Yeah Count Me To The List Guys

Im Saying My Fairwell Here To Not To Kill Anymore Bandwidth

This Community Is Not Getting A Long Again

Maybe After I Leave This Place Would Be Back To Normal

I'll Leave This Place As Soon As My Supra Has A Rear Mid Engine V12 Lol

Lamarossa

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
hell, even I didnt throw such a hissy fit....LOL

what happend ESC? I was thinking ( while reading your entry) that you may have sold your car or something? But it appears the opposite....that you had a quarrell with a few people on here....a bad querry....

At least you werent banned for a week for speaking your mind :evil3:

later bro,

Jonathan Mann

B

Boostaddctn

Dude I left this community months ago when certain people got overboard with their "mod" powers here, so all I do is go to offtopic here to check up on the tia nguyen thread :) aight peace :chicken:

TONY!

Habitual Supra Killer
Mar 30, 2005
Tonyland
Furball said:
Did I miss something? I don't recall seeing any big fights here for a while.
All I can think of is one case:

Possibly, some SM hating person came on & was rude to a couple of established members using a different user name/user ID just to come in & have (what they may consider) fun. Acted like he was God's gift to us & that he had superior tastes than we do. I addressed him. He kept on making many false statements & was found to not own the Supra that he claimed was his. Later he threatened two of my fellow mods (one physically). He got banned. Problem addressed. Problem resolved. The END!

Later, people felt sad & whined.--only case I can think of.

ONWARDS

We need a mod in the kills section.

Now supra90mkiii has told me that he would like to be a mod on more than one occasion. He is the member who is awesome enough to host the entire downloadable Supra section of CygnusX1.

Loki has also expressed interests to me to be mod. He is one of the biggest SM fans we have! lol I remember when the site came back up & I got an IM from him & how happy he was that it was back. He had a huge post count before the crash so that is an attest that he is a fan.

Those are the only two that have spoken to me on the matter.

Back to "Goodbye SupraMania"

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
Boostaddctn said:
Dude I left this community months ago when certain people got overboard with their "mod" powers here, so all I do is go to offtopic here to check up on the tia nguyen thread :) aight peace :chicken:

hey YOU! shut it or ill BAN YOUR ASS :D :biggrinbo

TONY!

Habitual Supra Killer
Mar 30, 2005
Tonyland
Supraboostin said:
You posted while I was writing my post.
Maybe that is it.
Well finally someone addressed the issue. Much better than letting us all wonder what the fuck happened & leaving it to our imaginations. It cost me some time posting my responses.

Ok BeRiteBak, gonna see that whole thead in its entirety. Comments to follow.
EDIT:
Keep in mind I am a member & this was chosen to be a thread in my section before a fellow mod moved it here.

BACK

esc said:
Eh, he already killed the Supra...

what a fucking idiot. How are you going to take a nice car and ruin it. I mean seriously...
drunk_medic said:
..said the guy with the F&F wing on the back of his MkIII.
Over that?! heh Just respond to him with something intelligent & say later. No biggie

Best wishes esc, if you don't change your mind. Just keep the admins or us in mod forum on what you decide to do (leaving or staying), since you are a mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.