good clutch for racing

malloynx

Mar 30, 2005
NC
i have been running into a ton of problems trying to get a half way decent pass down the track. now my feramic clutch is shooting out sparks when i do a hard 1-2 shift and then the clutch continues to slip down the track.

this is my 4th clutch and nothing is holding. is there a good clutch out there that i can beat on and it won't slip. i need to keep it a single disc cause i can;t afford a twin or triple right now.

btw i'm runing the south bend dxd-f feramic. suppose to be good to 600ft lbs

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
Ran the maxx and HPF bronze, can't make either slip, but most torque we've put down has been 460 to the wheels with rps ppm and 360 with ACT pp. I've heard nothing but good things about HPF feramic.

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
what's a clutch?

oh, sean's bronze and max pp is by far the best ive driven. it isnt for the weak at heart (or leg) tho. but on the street its super smooth. no chatter, no off/on like many race setups are. it so far has survived many runs down the track and on the dyno nearing 600rwtq. however, the stock trans wasnt happy about it after all the abuse. regardless, ive never driven a more solid clutch that you can beat on yet smooth enough for the street.