good buy for injectors?

tromspert

Oct 19, 2014
PA
My na-t supra is using the 7m fuel rail. I was looking for a set of injectors and use drifrmotion quite a bit. I found these:http://www.driftmotion.com/550cc-Bosch-Low-Imp-11mm-p/dm2873.html

Is bosche a decent brand and recommended? Its almost eBay pricing for a complete set and I want to save my 870's for standalone and just stick with a slightly higher cc set for now from my 440.

Any mods or users wanna weigh in on them?
Thank you in advance

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I too use driftmotion every chance I get. Bosche is a good name and I wouldn't hesitate to use them. I didn't click on the link you posted but I've used Bosche before and I never had a problem with them.

tromspert

Oct 19, 2014
PA
suprahero;2036820 said:
I too use driftmotion every chance I get. Bosche is a good name and I wouldn't hesitate to use them. I didn't click on the link you posted but I've used Bosche before and I never had a problem with them.

thank you, should be an easy swap too. I just don't get why the higher cc ones are the same ones though.

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
I prefer the newer bosch style injectors due to their quicker response time, but these should be fine. Especially since they're only 550cc. Plus the newer ones won't fit our rail without adapters. Driftmotion's price seemed too good to be true at first glance until I realized it's for quantity of 4. Use the drop down menu for the price of 6. Still an ok price I guess. But I've seen better deals come along. Hell, I got my 720cc Greddy injectors new in sealed bags for $400 in SM for sale forum. I sold my cleaned and flow tested Denso 550's for $300. Guess it depends if you want them right now or are willing to wait for a deal to come along.

tromspert

Oct 19, 2014
PA
MarkIII4Me;2036891 said:
I prefer the newer bosch style injectors due to their quicker response time, but these should be fine. Especially since they're only 550cc. Plus the newer ones won't fit our rail without adapters. Driftmotion's price seemed too good to be true at first glance until I realized it's for quantity of 4. Use the drop down menu for the price of 6. Still an ok price I guess. But I've seen better deals come along. Hell, I got my 720cc Greddy injectors new in sealed bags for $400 in SM for sale forum. I sold my cleaned and flow tested Denso 550's for $300. Guess it depends if you want them right now or are willing to wait for a deal to come along.

yeah I bought my 870cc ones for 200, low impedance but i'm thinking they may be a bit much for my piggyback. you guys think so?

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
An additional option is Evo 560cc injectors. They are also low impedance, and can usually be found for a great price.
They require either new electrical plugs, or adapter plugs. I used a set of these for a few years and they were great.

Ex:
MIEN24-MD348478-GENUINE-MITSUBISHI-LANCER-EVO-560CC-INJECTOR-SET.jpg

adapters:
IMG_3789.JPG

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
Link to where I can get those adapters? A buddy ran something similar in his car but the plug wires keep coming loose. Not safe at all. I might just get the ev1 connectors and hardwired them into the harness.

tromspert

Oct 19, 2014
PA
I'm interested in where I can get the evo injectors for a decent price. That would be a nice addition if I can find them cheap enough with some adapters.

tromspert

Oct 19, 2014
PA
supraguy@aol;2037109 said:
You could buy 2 from this guy for $82 after shipping,
http://www.ebay.com/itm/03-04-05-06...Parts_Accessories&hash=item418f2255b7&vxp=mtr

And the other 4 from this guy for $110 shipped.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Evo-8-9-Sto...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a4b4c0063&vxp=mtr

So, that's less than $200 for 560cc injectors.

found a set of 550's for 200 and I messaged you actually being your running a maft pro and might be helpful to have someone who understands how to tweak it better for them.