gonna jump on the build up bandwagon

1sic7

owner of the 5 day mk3
Apr 2, 2005
Long Island NY
www.ifxcc.com
being that my car has so many problems i've come to a conclusion....time to start over frmom the begining from internals to a full standalone i have everything mapped out and planned cept form on thing i read somewhere putting after market light wieght pullies on the engine is bad throws off the balance or something can anybody comfirm this or share some info :confused: :confused: thank you

streetknight

rip ssb
Mar 30, 2005
melbourne, fl
dont know if it affects the 7m's alot but when u put on a set of lightweight crank pulleys i might get crank walk. but pulleys like alt. ps a/c those are fine to get light weight

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
The stock crank pulley has a rubber type insulator between the inside part and the outer ring that the belts go around. So it basically absorbs vibration. People run with the lightweight one but it does not have any vibration dampner in it to it allows the drivetrain vibrations to go thru the whole motor much more violently. I haven't heard of anyone's engine exploding or anything yet tho. Alls I know is I run stock, and stay stock :icon_bigg
Unless you're talking turbos :biglaugh:
eric