Apr 25, 2008
baltimore maryland
RazoE;1494361 said:
clear bubble markers..?

I'm not sure such a thing exists..

picture.php

just kidding, here are mine..:naughty:

i have good news and bad news...

good news is I have a single one left, bad news is ITS ONLY A SINGLE. The guy that made them told me I bought the last two, and threw in the 3rd for free since he no longer needed it...

if you can, for some strange reason, source another single one, I'll sell you the other. But for now I'm keeping it as a spare incase some idiot hits my car in a parking lot or something just as stupid..

Hey Enrique, I like those, just like mine. I got mine from Wolfie, he is on this site or was, located in England. I haven't talked to him in quite a while but he might still be a possibility as a source.

Apr 6, 2005
Alpharetta, GA
--Golli;1494336 said:

Also the gasket kit I got in last week.
p1494448_1.jpg

Immediately toss that caulk gasket for the oil pan in the garbage :: angry ::.
FIPG or the like, will be best for this seal - trust me..
Also, I usually always opt for the genuine OEM engine assembly gasket set because of overall quality, but the others will work - I suppose.

--Golli

Feb 6, 2009
Adelaide, Australia
RazoE;1494424 said:
he's the one i got them from...

I think he said he's no longer making them, and they're no longer listed on his website...

Yeah, I did a some searching on here and on the crummy Aussie supra forums and found that the a group buy was done in 06.
Guess when I've got the motor back in, I'll put up a wanted to buy and see what that lands me, otherwise I'll send Wolfie an email and see what the deal is. Might have to source out another group buy.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
I used the same Eristic gasket kit you have there. The only thing I did not use from it was the headgasket, I used a HKS Metal HeadGasket, and I used silicone on the oil pan. Make sure you put a good generous bead. I used three tubes of Permatex RTV Silicone.

Three tubes might be excessive but lets just say, I know someone....who was not generous enough with silicone on the oil pan, and it leaked. Tried dropping the sub frame and it did would not budge. So we had to pull the engine to reseal it. Just my experience. :-/

--Golli

Feb 6, 2009
Adelaide, Australia
Spent the day cleaning the engine bay. Need to touch up a few places, but that won't be much hassle as I need to get paint to respray my front bar and nose cone. I'll also need to do something about the rust under the battery.

p1495963_1.jpg

p1495963_2.jpg

p1495963_3.jpg

p1495963_4.jpg

I'll be picking up everything from the machinest on Monday too, got the call this morning that it's all ready!

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
Engine bay is looking very clean

Say, what condition are your intercooler pipes from the turbo to cooler, I have my old hardpipe that ran to the HKS cooler (identical dimensions to stock) to turbo, all it needs is the section on the end that flared for the 35R replaced with a 2 inch section again (originally had it made when I had a CT-26)

Let me know if you are interested I dont want much for it, would just be good to see it put to use instead of lying around

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
hey, upon closer inspection, it looks like your car's not a 91, but a 90..

do you have a pic of the interior door panels..?

the trim is pre 91 and so is the nose emblem...

--Golli

Feb 6, 2009
Adelaide, Australia
RazoE,
The build date is december 89. Yet all rego papers and insurance papers say 91.
Guessing it was a very late december build took a shit load of time to get off the ship and was soldin early 91...
Really have no idea.

p1496498_1.jpg

--Golli

Feb 6, 2009
Adelaide, Australia
An update...

Everything for the motor re-assembly is at home, bar the headgasket, and studs. They are on there way from Aaron at driftmotion.

However, I wont be able to work on the car till after the 20th at the earliest. I'm currently in hospital taking part in a drug trial, totall isolation. It's how I'm able to afford this rebuild...

So I'm just going to be spending alot of time trolling the forums and what not.
If you have MSN and want to keep me out of boredem, add dgrixti(at)gmail.com

Your also welcome to talk shit in this thread aswell to keep entertained.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
--Golli;1507334 said:
An update...

Everything for the motor re-assembly is at home, bar the headgasket, and studs. They are on there way from Aaron at driftmotion.

However, I wont be able to work on the car till after the 20th at the earliest. I'm currently in hospital taking part in a drug trial, totall isolation. It's how I'm able to afford this rebuild...

So I'm just going to be spending alot of time trolling the forums and what not.
If you have MSN and want to keep me out of boredem, add dgrixti(at)gmail.com

Your also welcome to talk shit in this thread aswell to keep entertained.

elephantmana.jpg

--Golli

Feb 6, 2009
Adelaide, Australia
Fuck you old man! :cry:
(please don't ban me...:biglaugh:)

There are 8 of us on the trial... 2 of us get a placebo.
However its a boron based antibiotic, so nothing should go drastically wrong.
Plus, 3 other groups have done it before us. :icon_bigg

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
--Golli;1507341 said:
Fuck you old man! :cry:
(please don't ban me...:biglaugh:)

There are 8 of us on the trial... 2 of us get a placebo.
However its a boron based antibiotic, so nothing should go drastically wrong.
Plus, 3 other groups have done it before us. :icon_bigg

LOL G :p

Guess it's better odds than Tattslotto ;)

spiller

Mar 5, 2008
Australia/Chicago
you're not doing C-Max are you Dale? my mate works for them, he was probably monitoring you guys, making sure you dont try to escape the premises on a crazy rant. BTW, nice build, just saw this now, looking forward to the end product!

--Golli

Feb 6, 2009
Adelaide, Australia
Yeah Simon, it is at C-Max.
We ain't really trying to escape, it's not to bad in here. The only thing missing is beer and girls. (however there is a hot nurse!)

I'm still here, don't get out till the 20th, but can't really do anything till after the post check up which is on the 24th.

Actually dying that I can't start the assembly of the motor till the 25th...

--Golli

Feb 6, 2009
Adelaide, Australia
Again, Been a long time since I have given an update.

After a 16 day holiday in hospital whoring my body out to drugs for money (which, to Ian's dismay doesn't have me growing limbs from different places or turning into some genetically modified freak :p), I've been making some sweet progress!

During the week, I got the bottom end all plastigauged up and yesterday I gapped the rings.
After a nice sleep in today, I did the final clean of everything and assembled the rotating assembly.
I also fit the oil squirters with the new valves, put the oil union bolt on and fitted the permacool remote adaptor. I put in the welch plugs too. Just need to put the rear one in and source a front one from Toyota.

Now it's a matter of getting all my parts in from Toyota and the states and I'll be able to finish off the motor and drop it back in. But until then I'm gonna touch up the engine bay and make up an airbox for it.

It's getting to the pointy end now... I can hear the sweet sweet exhaust note already! lol

--Golli

Feb 6, 2009
Adelaide, Australia
Big update...

Finally got the last of the parts 2 weeks ago, and after a hecktic 4 days of having to disassemble the motor again and reassmble it, Dad and I left the garage tonight with the motor looking like this...

30330_388120885263_546730263_4476202_4636729_n.jpg

30330_388120890263_546730263_4476203_4317290_n.jpg

30330_388120895263_546730263_4476204_6604055_n.jpg

The reason for the disassemble was due to the fact that on monday we found the oil pump driveshaft wouldn't go into place. This was due to the new bearings having too small an inside diameter. We had to strip the motor right down for the bearings to be scraped to the correct size.