Going Turbo350 auto!

joeytvr

Apr 3, 2007
Louisiana
Well my dakota will be back up and running this week. So I will be pulling the supra apart to do the 5 speed to auto swap. I have seemed to be able and locate everything I will need. I am very excited and cannot wait to see the gains of going 3 speed auto.

By the way I someone wants to do a 5 speed swap let me know. I could sell you my whole 5 speed setup.

buldozr

Jan 9, 2007
North Texas
th350 FTMFW! 3000 stall converter, shift kit, kevlar bands, manual reverse valve body and slicks and that bastard would shoot out of the hole like a prostitute on Prozac.

89turbosupra

Jun 10, 2006
oxnard
A manual reverse valve body in a th350 on the street is a no no:3d_frown: . The trans will free wheel everytime you let off the gas and slam back into gear when you get back on it , like stop and go traffic.

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
nah.... 3300 and a two step.

Joey... you need to stop all this or you are going to be faster than me...

Then I won't be able to take it, and you'll have me spending all my money yet AGAIN...

lol

joeytvr

Apr 3, 2007
Louisiana
yeah I am going around 3500 stall with a two step. I also have that shot of nitrous for a little added launch. Should be a fun ride.

I have just got spoiled from running my automatic 10second vette. Now running this car trying to launch, get clutches to hold and knowing I am tearing up my drivetrain everytime time sucks.

gixxer let me know next time you come to LA. By the way i am trying to get our track to start having street racing once a month.

buldozr

Jan 9, 2007
North Texas
89turbosupra said:
A manual reverse valve body in a th350 on the street is a no no:3d_frown: . The trans will free wheel everytime you let off the gas and slam back into gear when you get back on it , like stop and go traffic.

I loved it in my v8 Z, although I didnt have much of a stall on that one, It may have been a stock converter or a th400 converter. Fun car, I loved to foot brake launch on the street, it wasnt the fastest thing in the world, but I have never gotten beat on the holeshot on the street(raced a 2000 ws6, he was the closest, I actually lost that race, I ran out of gear at 120.) :nono:

buldozr

Jan 9, 2007
North Texas
dbsupra90 said:
ok, please explain to me what good a two step is on an auto. i dont follow.

He sounds like he is running a two step nitrous system, first stage to get out of the hole while the second stage will hit when tires are willing. His car would probably make me squeel like a little girl.:naughty: Whats all included in the ati kit? adapter plate, flywheel?, converter?, driveshaft yoke?, possibly crossmember?

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
i see what you are saying, you want to set up the 2 step as a sort of anti-lag system. but you are still limited to the rpm of the stall. ideal would be to have the stall at torque peak, which is higher than 3300 on a 67.
i know a loose converter isnt for everyone tho.

buldozr-

the ati kit is the adapter plate, flex plate, and hardware. its a nice kit, but you are limited to using an 8" converter.

joeytvr

Apr 3, 2007
Louisiana
well if you ever foot break a turbo car you know boost starts to build and continues till it starts pushing the car. With a two step it holds the rpms down so the brakes well hold the car. A two step will also instant spool the turbo since it sends unburnt gas into the turbine housing wich ignites there spooling the turbo faster (the popping sounds you here). I spray a small shoot of nitrous just off the line till 10 psi. It helps give some low end tourqe. Also even after it cuts off you still feel a deference from how much it has cooled the intake tract.