going to the track with out open dp

MK3Racer89

May 11, 2005
hey guys i was wondering my supra is pretty much stock *(except intake)* i am going to get alot of stuff when i start my new job but i was wondering i have a tanabe dp and my friends are going to the track and wants me to go and i dont really want to just because my car is stock but i have the downpipe and i just thought of running a open dp and was wondering if it would damage anything if i ran it like that for the night? i dont think so but i want to ask the pros if i am about to do something stupid ok thankz guys

I

itr206

undercar flamage rulez.
I run open DP on my car. It will be fine.

Jspec7m88

Dec 3, 2005
Nappy City
supra90turbo said:
I ran open DP for about a year.... the only downside is the loudness... oh, and the undercar fires too... lol

Shaweetness. :biglaugh: I run Open "CUT-OUT". Which is pretty much Open DP but with an extra 6 inches...and I don't have to unbolt anything! (Nice to have, BTW). Anyways, I run open exhaust daily. Loud? Yessssss...

But I like it. :)

And it scares off all the little ricers when they hear it going "BRUMMMMMMM DUM DUM DUM POP!!! (backfire, LOL), and then the BOV just shuts them up.

Gotta love it.

:p

Jspec7m88

Dec 3, 2005
Nappy City
Alex91Mk3 said:
dp.... as in open headers??? (EXHAUST MANIFOLD)didn't the "dp" lingo

....Huh?

Very confused about your post.

I'd answer if I understood what you said...
But I'll try anyways.

DP = Down Pipe.

Open Down Pipe.

This means the Downpipe is Open.

Word?

;)

MK3Racer89

May 11, 2005
thankz guys cant wait until i try it, i will post up a movie when i get it, i am going on friday but i will be preping my car tomorrow and i will keep you guys posted on it. my friend who has right now a 309 whp(supposed to be higher around 390-400 but something went wrong at the dyno, so only 309) mr2 is going to run and i will get a video of his run too.