Texas
www.cardomain.com
Black/Green pearl

enduratech1.jpg

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
Well dude I have been thinking the same on my car lol. I actually went as far as to buy a small amount of the snakeskin green and I painted a head light lid I had sitting around.

And let me tell you it is a nice green that is very likely to end up on my car.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
That green MKIII you posted looks like a candy paint ($$$). I say black. Much cheaper, don't have to do door jambs & under hood/liftgate. Spend the money on a good paint system like Dupont Choma premier and call it done.

Focus on THE PREP!!! A paint job is only as good as what's underneath. Get that body arrow straight! I would have them lay three coats of clear, let it cure, hit it with 600grit wet, and lay out another 3 coats of clear. Have it color sanded (up to 2500grit) and buffed out. You'll love it.

Post pics of the car when done please. When will it be completed.

suprakid24

Turbo'd
Jan 6, 2007
Texas
www.cardomain.com
Suprapowaz!(2);1390887 said:
Post pics of the car when done please. When will it be completed.

Thanks for the info, the painter we are using only works with PPG. I will definitely be posting pics, and I'm not sure when it's going to be done, hopefully >= month, but we'll see.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
To me black is timeless. It's absolutely beautiful when done right. It's not a "fad" color like others that hit the market, and soon get played out. Not saying that it's a bad color just that it will get old after a while. Something else new will come out and that color would be old news. A flawless black always catches my attention at car shows.