Going from Piggyback to Standalone

jksmith

Sep 11, 2009
Indianapolis
Tried some searches and couldnt really find the info i wanted

At what point should you ditch the PiggyBack (in my case a SAFCII) to go to a full standalone (AEM EMS vII.)??

msimsi10

Jun 28, 2009
Novi, MI
I was also looking around and when you go from a piggyback system such as a VPC and SAFC II to a standalone AEM EMS v1 system do you still need the VPC to aquire the Karman signal? If not what is the proper way to aquire the signal with a standalone?

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
^ LOL, do pull ups count?

If your replacing the stock ecu, the standalone will come with options to supply itself with an airflow meter. Speed density, AFM MAF etc are usually the basic choices. You can get rid of everything and anything piggy back..

VooDoo

Draggin ass on his build
Mar 20, 2008
Valdosta ,Ga
IJ.;1647664 said:
When you start wearing big boy pants ;)
WOW poor little guy. :nono:

Bottom line is upgrade it as soon as you can afford it. Its a no brainer when the choice is between standalone or piggyback. you get a Better tune, more control, and no worry for future mods or upgrades.. When $$$$ says you can then do it. Just make sure your tuner know what the hell he is doing.

ClutchRR

Apr 12, 2012
Slidell, LA
I am also looking in to a standalone. Im leaving the piggyback alone. I was looking in to the AEM also it sounds like the best bang for the buck.