God I hate People

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
IJ.;1757654 said:
Over the years as a Mod here I've seen probably 40>50 cars destroyed by members when they fail in a build and end up parting the car, one in particular demolished more Supra's than the "Cars" program a few years back and never got one finished... :nono:

THIS, 100% absolutely. So very many people on this forum have purchased perfectly okay stock/running/repairable shells and cars, spent thousands of dollars "modifying" them, only to eventually lose interest or run out of money, and part out the shell without ever having driven the car.

There are many others out there I'm sure, but one owner in particular that comes to mind in a positive light is "suprarx7nut". He has one car with over 300,000 miles on it, always kept going, and as purchased/repaired/resold two "doomed" MKIII turbos as well. A saint to the Supra community!

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Bleakvoid;1757881 said:
I'm with TE72's general train of thought. People movers and grocery getters...wouldn't care much. But our cars are special; they were built so that Toyota could get into Group A, and we have unique sportscars because of it. They're part of automotive history, too...at the time our pre89s were released, they were the fastest thing coming out of Japan. Z31 was released, and Toyota fired back with our JZA70s, topping the new Nissans with more power and a higher top speed again. First consumer vehicle with floating subframes, which is now pretty much standard on any GT car worth its salt...the list really goes on.

Think ya got things a little mixed up man, the Z31 was released in the early 80's, the Z32 in 89, the GT-R in 88, and the JZA70 in 90. The JZA70 was never the fastest of that group. ;)

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
:3d_frown: There lucky I didn't show up with a sledge hammer, At least she was able to fight back a little bit. I feel like i just watched a video of 10 guys beating up some helpless kid :: angry ::

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Well, if nothing else, it makes me feel a whole lot more confident about the crashworthiness of our cars. How long did they beat on that and STILL didn't manage to cause any serious damage to the interior cabin? If I were sitting in it while they were trying to beat it up, the worst thing that could happen is I get something in my eye.

I notice they salvaged the engine / transmission first, though.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
More than likely had BHG/rod knock and too the engine out to fix, then it sat until they got bored and decided to destroy it.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
GrimJack;1758260 said:
Well, if nothing else, it makes me feel a whole lot more confident about the crashworthiness of our cars. How long did they beat on that and STILL didn't manage to cause any serious damage to the interior cabin? If I were sitting in it while they were trying to beat it up, the worst thing that could happen is I get something in my eye.

I notice they salvaged the engine / transmission first, though.

That's why I was saying that there was still a perfectly good dirt track car left after they were done. ;)

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Honestly didn't bother me, just shows how America's youth these days is basically a bunch of freeloaders who run around on their parents dime. Whooo they destroyed a car I like, meh...they destroy enough VWs by turning them into "Hella flush" bullshit than anyone on this forum could ever do with a crusher.

Hardcore....fuckin....hardcore.