GM trans adapter

madsupra88

BoOoOoST
Sep 17, 2005
Detroit,MI
sup guys,

i just finished up my GM trans adapter, its made out of 1/2 inch billet aluminum that is plenty strong. it can be used to bolt any GM trans. I'm using a Th350 trans , with a GM trans converter.

p938623_1.jpg

p938623_2.jpg

Mr. Y

Mar 31, 2005
80 miles away from Kremlin
Looks good =)

BTW, couldn't you tell please how much is converting from manual to GM tranny? I'm tired of R154 and going auto, but we don't have any american cars here... so I'm thinking about A340... On the other hand, GM trannys look more buletproof and better for 1/4mile. So, how much (approximately) is tranny itself, stall, adapter and all other necessary things?

Thanks.

fstlane88

Single time!!
Apr 5, 2005
South FL
I've been contemplating doing GM tranny swap on my 1JZ, but I think the already available 2JZ adapters will work with it.

That looks good though man if you considered doing a JZ one I'd buy it from ya.

madsupra88

BoOoOoST
Sep 17, 2005
Detroit,MI
half yota half GM (hybrid converter)

Once I get my new mill here in the next couple weeks ill be redesigning the plate and start making them again as ive had quite a bit of interest lately. 7M seem to be the new hot thing nowadays.

-Saif

supranasty

Yo Daddy
Apr 12, 2005
jamaica ny
Thanks for your reply. I have the adapter plate. Can you be clear which torque converter units were put together or the place that built yours. Was the GM half the super streetfighter from ATF 9" ? I would appreciate all your help.Can you get converters made anymore to fit ? call/text 917-400-8038, email: twister814@hotmail.com or just post it.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2011
Des Moines, IA
supranasty;2089973 said:
Thanks for your reply. I have the adapter plate. Can you be clear which torque converter units were put together or the place that built yours. Was the GM half the super streetfighter from ATF 9" ? I would appreciate all your help.Can you get converters made anymore to fit ? call/text 917-400-8038, email: twister814@hotmail.com or just post it.

I picked up an ati turbo to 7m converter from ati this winter. its expensive at $1250, but worth it. one of the best converters on the market. 9" fuel and blown, they got the stall setup very well to my application. I am running ati's gm adapter kit, so it has their flexplate which makes the swap brainless you just have to call them tell them the application and send them a spec sheet.

any other questions feel free to pm me. BTW beating out the tunnel sucks!

Also I would have rather not delt with ati on the setup as ive talked to quite a few guys from ati and all but one were kinda shitty to deal with. If I didn't already have their kit from years ago, I would have tried to go this route instead. Saif makes a great product.