gm 3 bar map sensor

allen600

Aug 6, 2010
oakdale
can any one tell me more info or show me to a thread about them? do they replace the stock afm? im looking to get my car tuned after i get bigger injectors but if i dont have to use my lexus afm i wont, i think it looks alot cleaner without the afm

SupraBog

Feb 11, 2011
Vancouver
Yes I've also been looking at ways of removing mine. From what I've read, you need a piggy back fuel system (like Maft pro, MAP ECU which is what I ordered) or a standalone AEM, Motec but those are big bucks. I thought I saw a Sticky on Maft Pro?

allen600

Aug 6, 2010
oakdale
Skeezix;1675480 said:
Need a MAFT-pro or something of that sort, can't just replace the AFM with it

oh no i know you cant just take out the afm and put this is, i have the aem f/ic 8 piggy back system, how does the gm 3 bar map sensor connect to your car? does anyone have pics or know anyones whose using one?

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
Englewood, Ohio, United States
Now I do not know much about the AEM F/IC, but what you need is a translator of some sort; MAFT pro, HKS VPC, e-manage ultimate, etc. that will translate the signal from the MAP and IAT to a signal that the stock ECU can read as if it's using a AFM. If the device you are using is capable of a AFM delete or speed density then you will be good to go.
The MAP just runs off of a vacuum line, directly off the intake manifold gives you the most accurate readings. Then make sure your IAT is not going to be placed in an area where you will get a lot of heat soak, that will mess with your readings also.

allen600

Aug 6, 2010
oakdale
YourEnemy;1675550 said:
Now I do not know much about the AEM F/IC, but what you need is a translator of some sort; MAFT pro, HKS VPC, e-manage ultimate, etc. that will translate the signal from the MAP and IAT to a signal that the stock ECU can read as if it's using a AFM. If the device you are using is capable of a AFM delete or speed density then you will be good to go.
The MAP just runs off of a vacuum line, directly off the intake manifold gives you the most accurate readings. Then make sure your IAT is not going to be placed in an area where you will get a lot of heat soak, that will mess with your readings also.

thanks that was very help full, what all would i need then? maft pro, iat, and a map sensor?

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
Englewood, Ohio, United States
Not necessarily MAFT pro, but a translator of some sort, although MAFT pro is one of the more popular choices, I'm not sure if your current piggy back has provisions for an AFM delete.... I've never messed with that unit before.

The MAP and the IAT are the sensors you will need.

nuggets

Apr 14, 2009
Boston
The AIT and MAP may come with pigtails so you can continue the wiring to your controller. If they don't, you can buy them online. I'm running an AEM standalone and I just ran wires to the appropriate pins on the AEM (the unit came with the appropriate connectors and pins to plug in). I can't speak to the other options out there. You mentioned wanting to see a pic. Here's a pic of my MAP sensor installation. I fastened it to the ignitor bracket (note that I'm using a DH61 ignitor for sequential ignition). My AIT is located on the intercooler pipe that runs to the intake, probably a foot past the intercooler outlet which for me puts it about behind the passenger foglight.

IMG_0005.jpg