Glove Box (Standalone Owners only please)

Halsupramk3

Apr 4, 2005
Mississippi
i mounted the aem unit directly to that bar above the glove box. i had to cut a little bit of the dash edge off by the left side of the bar. the bar goes behind the dash up in there and when i put the aem up parallel to the bar the serial cable plug hits the dash on the left. i cut the dash back some in there. the cable plug now goes back behind that piece of dash. the wiring harness plugs and wiring had to be twisted around a little to flex over to the unit.

I had to cut about 1/2 inch off the rear of the glove box liner on the left side so it would not hit the aem. the right side needed just a little cut. I am able to help hold up the aem using the stock ecu mount tab that screws in next to the box latch. i pounded it out flat and bent it a little so it cups under the aem and still slips into the stock screw location. i put some rubber around it to cushion the aem. that way the ecu is wedged up to the rear wall and held up by the stock support with the screw. The velcro to the bar holds it up best. i can open and close the box fine. the stock upper cover is also in place. I ran a serial cable over under the dash to over by the left foot rest. i plug this cable into the serial gauge and then disconnect it to plug in my computer. You cant tell that i have a standalone.