Gixxer Drew suspension setup

AfterDark

Aug 10, 2009
Jerzy
Since I cant seem to find this info anywhere I was wondering what size springs to use for my mk3. I'll be running the gixxer drew suspension setup (blistein shocks-hypercoil springs) with 650/400 springs rates. I'm not sure what spring size to use tho (the thread on Supraforums is geared towards mk4's) This is for a street car by the way. Heres the link to the thread for thos who dont kno what i'm talking about ------>>>> -click me-

Driftmk3

May 23, 2009
Chicago IL
I just read a thread on supra forum and the guy was running 8" in front and 10" in the back. But that was for aragosta coilovers.

Driftmk3

May 23, 2009
Chicago IL
AfterDark;1396270 said:
Since I cant seem to find this info anywhere I was wondering what size springs to use for my mk3. I'll be running the gixxer drew suspension setup (blistein shocks-hypercoil springs) with 650/400 springs rates. I'm not sure what spring size to use tho (the thread on Supraforums is geared towards mk4's) This is for a street car by the way. Heres the link to the thread for thos who dont kno what i'm talking about ------>>>> -click me-

From what I read you should use 8" springs all around with helper springs in the rear. I know thats for the mk4 but I think since the cars are so similar you can use the same ones.

AfterDark

Aug 10, 2009
Jerzy
Driftmk3;1401467 said:
From what I read you should use 8" springs all around with helper springs in the rear. I know thats for the mk4 but I think since the cars are so similar you can use the same ones.

yeaa I wasen't too sure how similar the mk3's and 4's are as far as springs go

Driftmk3

May 23, 2009
Chicago IL
Sizes still work but in one of wiisass's posts he said those spring rates might not work. I emailed him on what he thought would be good for the mk3, now im just waiting for him to reply.

AfterDark

Aug 10, 2009
Jerzy
Driftmk3;1403289 said:
Sizes still work but in one of wiisass's posts he said those spring rates might not work. I emailed him on what he thought would be good for the mk3, now im just waiting for him to reply.

I seee... I also sent him an email I think he'll be at the east coast bash this saturday. Might be able to ask em in person :)

gp02a

Nov 27, 2007
Chicago
sorry to bring the post back from death.... since the 935motorsports site is dead, I don't recall what's the "recommended" spring rate... can anyone help to "refresh" the data? Thanks!

gp02a

Nov 27, 2007
Chicago
Sorry for the late response, I am looking for street ride level of comfort, as I am not a hardcore weekend racer. I am still running the stock suspension, which is letting me down every time I am driving it.

Chris_87_Turbo

Nov 5, 2013
Princeton, TX
Sorry for necro-posting but any updates. I'd like to go for a 1.2 inch drop or so and better handling for spirited street driving and occasional road course.

Chris

Chris

gilberjj

Friend of Fast
Apr 14, 2006
Tacoma, WA
Chris_87_Turbo;1980589 said:
Sorry for necro-posting but any updates. I'd like to go for a 1.2 inch drop or so and better handling for spirited street driving and occasional road course.

Chris

Chris

Bump, I too would like some info on this. Does anyone have part numbers for how to do this for an mkiii?