Girlfriends MKIV Crash!!!

gsx750r93

WARRIOR MANGO
Dec 1, 2006
seatac
So my girlfriend has owned a 97 Supra for the past 2 years now. She decided to hit a curb with it and trash the front right rim on it, brake the front bumper and mess the side skirt up. Ever sense the accident and replacing the rims some very scary things have been going on. Nothing appears to be out of line but who knows. Side note it also has tein coilovers on it and is lowered quit a bit. When driving it now she seems to have extreme bump steer in the rear end. Now when I say extreme i mean EXTREME.. While driving on the road especially when its wet, Every LITTLEST bump we go over the rear end shifts to the right VERY hard and is very scary. Its not just a little bump steer its going over anything over 40 mph it goes two one side like crazy. My guess is maybe the coilovers are jacked, some sort of bolt loose or something else bent.You would think with someone this bad and horrendous that you would see something out of whack and not just alignment.

Im hoping maybe someone on here has some sort of positive input on this that can help us out. It sucks that this happened to her car and would just like to get the situation figured out. I am pretty mechanically inclined and don't see anything out of the ordinary.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Maybe a bent arm in the back....just a guess. Take it to a shop and have them put it on their lift and check it out. You could ask the boss and see if he would let you use the lift for a period of time for a fee.

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
Figure out which arm(s) are damaged and replace them, align it, problem solved. This is assuming none of the chasis mounts are tweaked. I'm not familiar with MK4s, if it has a bolt on rear subframe you may need to replace the whole thing if its tweaked.

gsx750r93

WARRIOR MANGO
Dec 1, 2006
seatac
lol... I really appreciate all your friendly support here and always have.
Thanks for the generous comments and all but I have a buddy with a lift at Pina Motorsports and don't think I will see any different then I would under a jack. Maybe I'm wrong but considering it is a A-arm its nothing I cant see so maybe its something I cant see and will have to take to an alignment shop to figure out. Any ideas of where else I can take it that may be better other then your house?

PS: Iboughtasupra.. I got rid of my MKIII and have a built C5 vette.. Although it is EXTREMELY mean and fast I truly do miss the supra's and the thoughtful community. Unlike the the Vette forums that thinks every import is a "rice burner" and slow as shit.. lol. Dumb ass idiots cause they give vettes a bad name although I appreciate every import that is clean let alone fast.

Side note: any other thoughts?

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
+1 on a tweaked chassis. My sister did something similar with an embankment and her 80's Grand-Am. Tweaked the chassis so it would "kick-out" at higher speeds, but just enough not to notice what she did until you put a straightedge along the frame rail underneath. Hers hopped in the direction of the tweak over 30MPH.

gsx750r93

WARRIOR MANGO
Dec 1, 2006
seatac
Drake69;1486440 said:
+1 on a tweaked chassis. My sister did something similar with an embankment and her 80's Grand-Am. Tweaked the chassis so it would "kick-out" at higher speeds, but just enough not to notice what she did until you put a straightedge along the frame rail underneath. Hers hopped in the direction of the tweak over 30MPH.

Mannnnn that would suck!!!! I told her to get a Honda to but she just wouldnt settle for anything less then a Supra

Here is what it use to look like.
p1486572_1.jpg

gsx750r93

WARRIOR MANGO
Dec 1, 2006
seatac
Not sure on brand of the bumper..

As for the shocks ill take a look.. Hopefully she didnt do that though cause the tiens werent cheap