Getting nitrous bottle powdercoated? any problems?

Turbo. Targa. Life.

SupraMania Shirt Slinger!
Apr 16, 2005
O'Fallon, MO
www.geocities.com
Oh yeah. I still watch the movie. As a matter of fact I broke my tape the other day. I'd watched it so many times the VCR ate it. Time for the DVD with EXTRAS!! :rofl:
I still say that green Eclipse WAS pretty sexy :D no matter how rice it was, and even though the Supra was a little flashy for my tastes--it sure sounded pretty!!

diy guy

Jan 25, 2006
dallas
nos is the equivalent of saying rpm instead of revolutions per minute. nothing wrong with that, imo. if they say "i want two of the big bottles" then you can show them what the fingers said to the face.

powdercoat coat cures at 350f or less, so unless it's a composite bottle, the process wont damage its "structural integrity". average film thickness is 3mils, not enough to cover up stamped numbers. and jebus, where do you guys get an explosion from painting a piece of steel? a little fyi, nitrous oxide is not flammable, now whos been watching too much fnf ;)?

what i'd be worried about is sealing it to hold 1000psi+ again

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
Turbo. Targa. Life. said:
lmao I still have to yell at people when they actually say "naws". If you wanna say Holley, Spray, Juice, Bottle, or even Go Fast Juice--go for it. Just not naws. That damn movie brainwashed these fuckers...

giggle gas?

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
diy guy said:
nos is the equivalent of saying rpm instead of revolutions per minute. nothing wrong with that, imo. if they say "i want two of the big bottles" then you can show them what the fingers said to the face.

powdercoat coat cures at 350f or less, so unless it's a composite bottle, the process wont damage its "structural integrity". average film thickness is 3mils, not enough to cover up stamped numbers. and jebus, where do you guys get an explosion from painting a piece of steel? a little fyi, nitrous oxide is not flammable, now whos been watching too much fnf ;)?

what i'd be worried about is sealing it to hold 1000psi+ again

not exactly.

NOS is a brand. Nitrous oxide systems. RPM is not a brand name.

NOS:nitrous::bandaid:adhesive medical strip

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Turbo. Targa. Life. said:
even though the Supra was a little flashy for my tastes--it sure sounded pretty!!
And it decimates ALL!
12237.jpg