Getting nitrous bottle powdercoated? any problems?

boost fiend

Banned
Jul 24, 2005
Rockford, Il
im not aiming at anyone for their use of nos(Duane- i still love your ride!)

i just refuse to use it! like my sig sez: bottles are for babies, blowers are for real men!

just my .02 take it as ya wish.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
boost fiend said:

i just refuse to use it! like my sig sez: bottles are for babies, blowers are for real men!

I'll tell ya like my buddy Tony says: Nitrous makes everything bad about a turbo go away, and everything good about a turbo better... I think a small shot, like a 50-75hp shot is fantastic for guys running big turbos...

That's my .02 cents... :icon_razz

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
boost fiend said:

I don't think any of us are using blowers:icon_conf

Superjustin13

Supra teacher 101
Apr 4, 2005
Idaho
IJ. said:
Wow fashion tips for NoS bottles....... have I clicked on Ricer Mania by accident ;)!

well not really....

I'd prefer to get it coated black or grey to match my interior.. better lookin then a big ass blue tank that Sticks out like a sore thumb.

diy guy

Jan 25, 2006
dallas
i believe the quote is "bottles are for babies, real men get blown" pun intended ;)

call the manufacturer and ask what is required to replace the valve assy. without it, its just a metal cylinder. no danger whatsoever. theres a number of companies that sell the valves separately so I don't imagine it's a big deal.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Superjustin13 said:
well not really....

I'd prefer to get it coated black or grey to match my interior.. better lookin then a big ass blue tank that Sticks out like a sore thumb.
Chuck a blankie on it it will serve a dual purpose of keeping the temp/pressure up and hide it from view.

Sorry if I don't think "fashion" is a good reason to go to this amount of trouble (powder coating) I'm not sure if it applies to NoS bottles but I know you can't paint industrial gas bottles as they need to comply to a worldwide accepted identification standard.

Superjustin13

Supra teacher 101
Apr 4, 2005
Idaho
IJ. said:
Chuck a blankie on it it will serve a dual purpose of keeping the temp/pressure up and hide it from view.

Sorry if I don't think "fashion" is a good reason to go to this amount of trouble (powder coating) I'm not sure if it applies to NoS bottles but I know you can't paint industrial gas bottles as they need to comply to a worldwide accepted identification standard.

I have a bottle heater. and what trouble i get powdercoating free.

One of my Local buddy sponcers.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
definitely wouldn't mess with the structural integrity of your bottle. youd have to get it rehydro'ed afterward. why not just paint the thing...id match same color as my car. powdercoating might be free, but cleaning up from the explosion would probably cost a bit more.

my 1.5¢

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Ok points to consider.

What material is the bottle

What Temper if any

What Temp does the Powder Coating process use

If all of this checks out and you get it coated then retested they WILL restamp the bottle trashing the Coating in that area.....

as I said too much hassle for "fashion" if you really want to change it's colour grab some paint (I've seen one done in red with fire extinguisher stickers to pass it off as an onboard fire system)