Getting a ticket going to church.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattman

Oct 8, 2007
Michigan
So in school were talking about how people have gotten out of tickets... you know the girls all cry and get away while the guys get the shaft. I over heard some kids saying that a cop cant give you a ticket if your going to church. I was like what?!? thats dumb, but I have heard atleast 3 people getting away with it because their going to chuch. I looked every were for this info with no luck. I felt this would be the best place to find out.

moonpie33

Jun 23, 2008
castroville
I dont think soo lol at least they havent said anything in my criminal justice class about that lol haa funny though im gonna try this

mattman

Oct 8, 2007
Michigan
I would not recomend it lol. but I dont know if its a Michigan law thing or national. like i said i dont have much on it but what people say

TomFraser

Most cops are good people, just show respect, explain the situation if they let you, and don't act like they are being an ass, act like you are the inconvenience to them.

I've never gotten a ticket or anything, even when I deserved one ;)

then again... i wasn't driving the supra, It was a Land Rover, and maybe cops are biased against sportscars.

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
as far as i know this isnt true. I can speak from experience on this one as I received a ticket while in the church parking lot. was not pretty

benchwarmer

Straight Cougar
Aug 2, 2007
Lancaster, CA
I'm a minister and cops WILL give you a ticket on your way to church. Trust me. For a few weeks a pair of motorcycle cops staked out the neighborhood down the street and gave all the secretaries and two of the priests tickets, along with a quarter of the congregation. Why are you speeding on your way to church anyway?:sarcasm:

BlackMKIII

Hardcore Lurker
Jan 6, 2007
Norman, Oklahoma
www.facebook.com
Back earlier in the year I got pulled over for my exhaust and tinted windows. I played the dumb card to it's fullest. I told the cop "yeah I bought the exhaust on eBay and the guy is supposed to send my the silencer soon." "The windows were like that when I bought it, I don't know how to un-tint them."

THEN he popped my hood. Never a good thing when you're running a 1JZ in California. There's no CARB numbers on anything. I just told more of the "I don't know what this is" and "I bought it like this"

I got off with just the exhaust. $50

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
benchwarmer;1202667 said:
I'm a minister and cops WILL give you a ticket on your way to church. Trust me. For a few weeks a pair of motorcycle cops staked out the neighborhood down the street and gave all the secretaries and two of the priests tickets, along with a quarter of the congregation. Why are you speeding on your way to church anyway?:sarcasm:

That made me lol

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
LilMissMkIII;1202809 said:
How about not doing anything to cause you to be pulled over in the first place?

Where's the fun in that?...and you mean to tell me youve never gotten a ticket? Have you ever driven your supra on a street?

Seriously though, ive found the best way to get out of a ticket is to be friendly, polite, and honest, but not a kissass or really nervous, you can get off the hook even with a long driving record. If you do this and still get a ticket you were prolly getting one no matter what.

The get out of a ticket free card (for guys anyways) is if you can make the cop laugh. I got bagged doin like 70 in a 30 once. I was coming from the junkyard where i found a foot or so of large chain. I was wearing it around my neck like Mr. T. The cop thought it was hilariousl, and let me go with a verbal warning. Basically when they see something funny they wanna tell their friends about it...and if they give you a ticket their friends are gonna tell them theyre an asshole for giving you a ticket when they tell the story.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Don't get me started mate.

Just because you drive a Supra does not give you a license to drive like a dickhead and endanger your own life and others and then act like a hero when you get out of a ticket that you rightly deserve.

tbcmorris

SM Expert Thread Derailer
Mar 14, 2007
PRUVEN PERFORMANCE MILFORD CT
This topic is getting heated and I don't want to add fuel to the fire but....I haven't had speeding ticket or anything in years. Cops don't like it when your car shoots 3 foot flames. I drive pretty conservitively...ill flloor it till I hit 80 getting on the highway and then level her off to about 70. Haveing a loud, lowered, import car in my neck of the woods is like a shooting target.

I have been pulled over 10 times in thelast 6 monthes. And never issed and infraction. And getting pulled is a ridiculas hassle. I carry a legal pistol with me. And every time I get pulled I am asked to get out and stand with my hands on the trunk. Which is bullshit.

I see your point lilmiss but sometimes its not the drivers fault.

TomFraser

tbcmorris;1202885 said:
I have been pulled over 10 times in thelast 6 monthes.

I've got ya beat... 12 in less than 6!

5 of them were because I hadn't rewired my lights yet, and one was usually out... (cops saw the wire mess and laughed) One time a cop followed me to my work, pulled behind me and said put your left turn signal on... I did and he said that my right brake light was blinking with the turn signal, had a grin on his face and said he never saw anything like it, I said no one's ever seen an electrical system like a land rover

2 were for offroading after hours (cops just said don't let us catch you again)

1 was because someone reported a white land rover stolen (i got taken out of the car and put on the side of the road, until a cop that knows me (small town) came and said shit was cool)

1 was for speeding 30 in a 25 (goes from 45 to 25, I WAS slowing down), the cop understood that ticket would cause me to lose my license (I'm only 17, new Massachusetts law) he let me off.

1 prolly shouldn't count, but whatever... 3 cops pulled me and a couple friends over (all different cars, 3 cop cars) after they saw us leaving a party... one friend got caught DUI (he had like 2 beers), other and myself did not drink, as we knew we would have to drive home

recently the last 2 where because my exhaust is snapped of on my manifolds (offroading ftw) and is pretty loud (gotta fix that ;) )

The great thing is a lot of the cops in the town I live in saw my electical issues and were amused, so they don't have problems with me, I was always respectful and the whole bit

Thing is... I had my supra for 2 months, never got pulled over and drove too fast a lot of the time (not 100 in a 45 but usually 60ish in a 45 and so on) and never got pulled over at all, soon as I started driving an SUV, i've had nothing but issues ;)

lewis15498

Sep 28, 2008
LilMissMkIII;1202870 said:
Don't get me started mate.

Just because you drive a Supra does not give you a license to drive like a dickhead and endanger your own life and others and then act like a hero when you get out of a ticket that you rightly deserve.

I dont know how things work in australia, but here in massachusetts we get pulled over for stupid things like 40 in a 30 and rolling thru a stopsign a 1/2mph when theres no one else around. around here cops will hastle for for breathing. One day a cop pulled out of a dirt road right in front of me at night with not even his headlights on. i was only going like 30 mph and i almost hit him. he then tried to give me a ticket for obstructing an emerency vehicle. Like i said i dont know about australia but around here you dont have to drive like a complete jackass to get a ticket. My original comment was all in good fun but if you want to tweak out about it go right ahead.

lewis15498

Sep 28, 2008
tbcmorris;1202885 said:
This topic is getting heated and I don't want to add fuel to the fire but....I haven't had speeding ticket or anything in years. Cops don't like it when your car shoots 3 foot flames. I drive pretty conservitively...ill flloor it till I hit 80 getting on the highway and then level her off to about 70. Haveing a loud, lowered, import car in my neck of the woods is like a shooting target.

I have been pulled over 10 times in thelast 6 monthes. And never issed and infraction. And getting pulled is a ridiculas hassle. I carry a legal pistol with me. And every time I get pulled I am asked to get out and stand with my hands on the trunk. Which is bullshit.

I see your point lilmiss but sometimes its not the drivers fault.

morris i hear what your saying and for the record i havent gotten a ticket in over a year and ive only been pulled over 3x in the last year. My supra is visibly stock, factory ride height and my HKS turbo exhaust is very quiet.

Cops are just as bad around here, ive been thrown on the ground and had guns stuck in my face by cops making false assumptions. And you never get as much as a sorry when they realize theyre wrong do you? agreed its b.s.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Rolling through a stop sign isn't stopping...

I speed, but that's about all I do. Haven't had any hassles in a while now *knocks on wood*

Small town cops are the worst because the town is strapped for cash and tickets make good money. Hell, even large towns have caught on...

lewis15498

Sep 28, 2008
Poodles;1202925 said:
Rolling through a stop sign isn't stopping...

I speed, but that's about all I do. Haven't had any hassles in a while now *knocks on wood*

Small town cops are the worst because the town is strapped for cash and tickets make good money. Hell, even large towns have caught on...

Right but on the other hand rollign through a stopsign isnt driving like a dickhead and endangering the lives of others either. Thats all i was saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.