Gauging Intrest.... Katskinz Seat Covers

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
Ok, here is the deal......

This is ONLY for 89-92 Supras!

My friend aquired a dealer account with Katskinz....(I have no clue how) so he could get some seat covers for himself at cost(I guess because his dad owns 5 businesses). He can get these things pretty cheap.... Some interest was shown when I posted this in the thread about katskinz seat covers a few weeks ago. I talked to him, and he said we may be able to get a group buy together once or twice. He is only going to put a little markup on them(very very little) to cover his time to do this.

He has talked to the company about just drop shipping them, and they have oked it. So, how many of you would be interested in these type replacement leather seat covers. He said it would be nice to get at least 20 orders or so, and make a big order at once, but it isn't necessary for the prices. Prices don't really get any better with more people(unless the company wants to cut a deal due to volume, but they haven't said one way or another.)

Pricing will be $590 shipped to your door, all four seats. This is the deluxe kit, the front of the front seats are leather, the rear seats are leather with vinal inserts. I can get this in two tone(cost a little extra), or any colors they have.

Covers $590 base price

Other options include:

Preforation -- +$20
Zig Zag stiching -- +$20
Two tone leather(two different colors like red+black or something) +20
different color stitches +$5

The options have no markup on them, that is what katskinz charges....

I am not making one cent on this, if this groupbuy gets approved and goes through. I am just doing this to help the supra community out. I talked him into this by doing some free work on his scion ;)

The site to go look at them www.katskinz.com

Anyway this is not a group buy, I just want to see how many people would be interested.

Mods, if this thread has to be approved before I posted it, please delete it or pm me.

Thanks,
Chris

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
this gauging interest is fine....if it garners enough...we can move it to the actual group buy section...

my question is...would it be possible to get JUST the front seats recover kit...and if so how much for that?

also do they do door panel inserts or the such?

Charlie97L

Jul 16, 2005
Clarksburg, MD
Idealsupra said:
this gauging interest is fine....if it garners enough...we can move it to the actual group buy section...

my question is...would it be possible to get JUST the front seats recover kit...and if so how much for that?

yup, they do the door panels, and ditto on the front seats only question. :) i'm interested.

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Actually, I tried the site, but could not get everything to work right.

I'd really like a set of these, and the price you note is awesome.

Full leather fronts,
leather rear seating surfaces, with man made sides would be fine. (Full leather would be better I'd think, but I really don't sit back there anyway.)

I'd want to cover the door panels with leather too. (Mine re plastic and fabric, but even alcantera and leather would be nice.)

Anyone ever thought about covering the interior with alcantera? I've got an A8 with this option, and it's very nice. I think it makes the car quieter, and feels great to the touch. Besides, it looks great too, and cleans up easy.

It would cost a few bucks to cover a dash I'd think however. The trim panels would not be so bad, but the dash would be expensive.

I was looking at a 750iL with a full leather option, all panels are either covered in leather, or alcantera. (Mostly leather.) Even some buttons. The dash and other seams were all frenched, and it looked awesome. (Some very dead cows gave their lives for that car.. many of them.) My point is that it was very cool looking. Gives the interior a totally different level of refinement over just textured plastic.

Sun damage would become a problem as it aged, but my Supra is garaged now, and should be forever.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Idealsupra said:
would it be possible to get JUST the front seats recover kit...and if so how much for that?

+1.......... especially on the doors...

thanks

Charlie97L

Jul 16, 2005
Clarksburg, MD
aye mate said:
Why is this only for 89+ Supras? I didn't think there was a difference in the seats?

no pattern comes up in the katzkin database for 87-88. There might be a different method of attachment, or something. dude, when i get mine, we can compare. :) install party!

the link is www.katzkin.com btw. just to help out! :)

KevinM

Knowledge driven
Mar 30, 2005
Seattle, WA
www.cardomain.com
89+ seat covers will work on the <88 seats (at least from leatherseats.com) I have installed 2 of leatherseats.com's kits. One in my Supra (90) and one in my brother's (88). The 88 style leather seats have a 1/2" seam on in the middle sections while the 89+ don't. Doesn't affect installation though, or at least it didn't for me.

GL
Kevin

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
ok, well then, they may work on pre 89's, but I'm not making any promises on that. I looked at the price sheet, and there were no prices for only fronts, but yes, I do believe they do door panel inserts.

He has set his markup on a set, and no matter what options you get, it will only cost what katskinz charges, no more. So if you want full leather front and rear(they have that) it will only cost what they charge for it..... Like I said, he is only charging a little markup on these, (maybe $20-30 a set?)

If you want more options, and they are listed on the site, we can do that too....

TargaSupra

Apr 4, 2005
Africa
any pics of the actual product on the car? My friend got seatcovers from a company in CO that did a very good fit for $100 less.

Suprastic

Apr 8, 2005
Manitoba
Count me in Gixxer. Im glad to see that this idea didn't go dead. Put me down for a complete kit with two-tone, and I'll PM you about colors. I hope we get enough people.

Kyle87T

Banned
Aug 4, 2005
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
I am definately interested in fronts, rears, and door panels, it all just depends on how close the tan colour that is available is close enough to stock.

Are you able to see samples? Here are a couple pictures of the colour I need.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Also, I have beige cloth seats up front so I was wondering if the cloth and leather seats are the same material under the covers?

Suprastic

Apr 8, 2005
Manitoba
Kyle...the foam under the covers are the same for both leather and cloth. Katskinz or www.autoleathers.com also has a table of all the different colors available. Monitor settings may indicate a slightly different shade, but they will be fairly accurate. That tan should be easy to to match.

Jetfixr757

Sleeper
Mar 30, 2005
Cocoa, Florida
I am in the process of engine build but i did have the budget set for interior, how and where can i put in an order but i would like the seat backs embroidered with the Supra Logo appropriate for our MK3's. How about burgundy letters on the light grey leather also include door panels.
William 89T

Attachments

• supra side.JPG
    supra side.JPG
    397.5 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

keo

Apr 2, 2005
RI
why why do things like these come up when im broke!!!!

how long will these prices last?