• something else

Votes: 7 10.6%

• Total voters

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
i think i'd be in for any of them.

but, if we do decide on the headlight cover, can we make it both? i'm with troyota... it would look stupid with one CF and one factory...

so, in short... i'm down. i voted for the block off plate, btw.

Troyota

I Love What You Do For Me
Jul 28, 2005
Roswell NM
Originally Posted by 89MkIII
What is the benefit of an IC block off, besides visual?

It helps focus the air coming through the grille...keeps air from going over the top of the radiator/intercooler by way of the upper radiator support. More air = better cooling

Ne0z

Apr 2, 2005
Burnsville, Minnesota, United States
wtf... they allready make them elsewhere for our cars... ive seen them... do something worth while and not horribly ghey...

i think a CF MKIII Spoiler for the 89+ and the older one would be cool to have available... cause the stock spoilers are better than anything i've seen thrown on aftermarket...

Also, the biggest and most helpful thing to be made into CF for our HEAVY ASS CARS... thats not visual like all the things listed here... would be a CF Hatch and/or Doors

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
uh... duane pioneered the IC block off plate in CF, and it's the only one i've seen.... and hardly gay...

the hatch weight is not taken up by the hatch itself. buy some UV resistant lexan, replicate the window, and then see how necessary your trunk struts are.

the doors, well it's been covered. all the weight in the doors is taken up buy the DOT standard door bracing for side impact. buy some jdm doors, or gut yours. and save a couple grand...

with these supras, the $3000 (at least) you described could easily buy you... um... a turbo? dont worry about making the car light... they respond too well to modifications for you to spend thousands on body lightening to gain nothing. a horsepower gain vs. lightening gain in overall car quickness would definetely make you understand how to make the car truly fast. horsepower would be better than lightening exponentially.

"if i were stranded in the water, i would reach for a lime"
"i have been saved by the buoyancy of citrus!!"

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
hmmm........ I'm gonna say vented light cover..... Any chance these would fit a mkII? Possible prices, I never seen what this is gonna cost.....

Ne0z

Apr 2, 2005
Burnsville, Minnesota, United States
supra90turbo said:
uh... duane pioneered the IC block off plate in CF, and it's the only one i've seen.... and hardly gay...

the hatch weight is not taken up by the hatch itself. buy some UV resistant lexan, replicate the window, and then see how necessary your trunk struts are.

the doors, well it's been covered. all the weight in the doors is taken up buy the DOT standard door bracing for side impact. buy some jdm doors, or gut yours. and save a couple grand...

with these supras, the $3000 (at least) you described could easily buy you... um... a turbo? dont worry about making the car light... they respond too well to modifications for you to spend thousands on body lightening to gain nothing. a horsepower gain vs. lightening gain in overall car quickness would definetely make you understand how to make the car truly fast. horsepower would be better than lightening exponentially.

"if i were stranded in the water, i would reach for a lime"
"i have been saved by the buoyancy of citrus!!"

yeah... i suppose its not TOO heavy... :)
p57819_1.jpg

Its just that i've seen all these things have been made allready, whats the gain in a Carbon Fiber headlight cover VS a normal vented one... or puttin some metal over the intercooler... which would be WAY cheaper in the first place vs the CF... i mean, at what point are we becoming civics? lol, just my 2c

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
with 28 people in ic blockoff how much would they run each. what the previous guy said, do we really need carbon fiber???? i dont wanna be like the generic import scene where the whole car is carbon fiber.

as far as "cool looking stuff" we dont need any. i cant thing of one thing that would look cool on our cars being carbon fiber exept for the ic block off plate, and even that is useless. unless you coated spark plug wires with c/f and that stock plastic engine cover that goes over the coil pack.

Troyota

I Love What You Do For Me
Jul 28, 2005
Roswell NM
She's just trying to get together a group buy for some common Carbon Fiber parts...granted that these parts are purely asthetic, but what's wrong with that. If you don't like having carbon fiber peices because they are too "rice" then fine...don't participate in the group buy...that's the beautiful thing about this hobby is everybody has their own tastes and image of what would be cool on their vehicle. I personally like Carbon fiber accents...and don't find most to be "rice"

suprra_girl

7M POWAH! ;)
Mar 30, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
www.supra.co.nz
yea.... i think the block off plate is a great idea.... hides any wiring you may have added.. and for those that try to keep their ic hidden from easy view.. it's a good product

there are those that like these parts and those that don't....

this was just an interest gathering thread to see what most would like to buy in a gb

and it would appear

THE BLOCK OFF PLATE HAS WON ;)

i'll chat up Duane and see what pricing and numbers etc he needs :p