Gauging interest....Bolt on 62-1 complete turbo for 7MGTE

thesupraman

Smirker
May 15, 2005
Frenchtown, NJ
Please note that this is not a group buy yet, just seeing if there is enough interest. My company, JP Autoworks, would like to offer a true bolt on 62-1 turbo kit, NOT an upgraded CT-26. The turbo will bolt right up to the stock manifold, has a huge 38mm internal wastegate, and would include a 100% stainless steel divorced downpipe (w/ open dump optional), and oil lines.
The price will be $1500 for a GB of 5. Wadda ya think?

thesupraman

Smirker
May 15, 2005
Frenchtown, NJ
No testing yet. I'm waiting to get this on my car first before I even consider selling it. Due to the fact that we are a small company, and that my car is quite the frankenstein ( JP Autoworks custom water/air I/C with 3" piping, Stock AFM and Injectors, Vortech 4:1 FMU, 60-1 CT-26, 3.5" turbo outlet elbow, 3" exhaust [no cats], HKS FCD, Fidanza flywheel, TRD clutch) and does not represent how the typical MKIII supra will react to this type of upgrade, we probably won't dyno test it. I will however post some 1/4 mile times and mph's. My current best with the 60-1 upgraded turbo is 12.7@116 at 18 psi on 104 octane and 245/50/16 drag radials. Again, I am just putting out the feelers to see if people would be interested in a direct bolt on turbo that can lay down an easy 600whp with supporting mods.

macsupra76

May 17, 2005
Calgary AB
how many people from calgary here? calgary is a great city for supras(summer only!) also home of Reg Riemer of one lap of america supra !

Attachments

• MIS_rain_2.JPG
    MIS_rain_2.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 80

thesupraman

Smirker
May 15, 2005
Frenchtown, NJ
bluemax said:
I'm a little interested. Is this a ball bearing turbo?

No this is not a ball bearing turbo. We can get you a ball bearing GT30 or GT35 if you want, but it will be $300 extra. The exhaust housing on the 62-1 is designed for quick spool, so you really wont need a ball bearing center section in our opinion, but we can get you one if you want. Thanks for the interest. --Jim

bluemax

The Family Man
Mar 30, 2005
Orange County, CA
thesupraman, can you elaborate a little more on the turbo application. Like the optimum HP rating, or flow rating, expected spool up RPM, etc. to see if it meets my application.
Thanks.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
interested. as of now, my goal for the car in regards to upgrading the turbo, would be something to bolt up to the stock manifold with an internal wastegate.

i am down for this.

thesupraman

Smirker
May 15, 2005
Frenchtown, NJ
bluemax said:
thesupraman, can you elaborate a little more on the turbo application. Like the optimum HP rating, or flow rating, expected spool up RPM, etc. to see if it meets my application.
Thanks.

The exhaust a/r is around .55 with a 76 trim t4 turbine wheel. This combo provides quick spool from the .55 a/r while maintaning good top end potential from the large 76 trim wheel. As far as hp potential, the compressor section has a 4" inlet and 2.5" discharge,flows 65 lb/ min which can easily give you
600 whp with supporting mods. I am very excited to get this setup on my car and will keep you posted with progress. This setup WILL BE DYNO TESTED. I will do a dyno pull with my 60-1 upgraded ct26 and a pull with the 62-1 bolt on at the same boost levels to compare the two. Unfortunately I have encountred a little setback... http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2542

Last edited:

bluemax

The Family Man
Mar 30, 2005
Orange County, CA
I'm very interested in how you make out on the dyno.
I'm shooting for 500RWHP min. and decent spool up on pump fuel with what ever mods it takes me to get there.
So I'd really like to see what you get.

thesupraman

Smirker
May 15, 2005
Frenchtown, NJ
Should have pics over the weekend. I'm in FL now and hopefully the turbo will be waiting for me when I get back Saturday. Thank you for the interest everybody, and I will keep you posted on all progress.

P.S. Hey MAC, that is the funniest sig I've ever seen!!! LOL!!