Gauging Interest: Billet Gauge Holder GB

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in a billet aluminum gauge holder, for two 52mm gauges to be mounted behind the steering wheel.

Here is the initial design:

An M4 socket head cap screw would be used to clamp the gauges in places. Two M6 threaded holes on the bottom would be used for mounting.

It would be CNC machined by the same company that did Nashmans shortshifter parts, so the quality is very good. For the group buy, I would probably leave it as a machined finish, so it would be up to the buyer to have it anodized or polished.

We can have a logo engraved, but it would add to the cost.

I recieved a ballpark idea on price, and with 10 people the price would be around $85. The next price break would be at 25, and then 50 pieces.

Post if you are interested, or if you have suggestions on the design. I am out of town at the moment, but when I get home I'll do a mockup in the car so we can see what it will look like.

Techno Supra

Hardcore DJ
^^Yeah, it's almost the same. Here's the perrin one. Costs a bit more too. Around $110-$130...but damn it looks nice!

PSP-INR-300.jpg

NastyNate

Jun 21, 2007
SA,TX
It would be neat if they had one in which 2 more guages were incorporated in the center. Everything easily within eye shot and still a more low profile look than A pillar pods.

born2drv

Banned
Nov 1, 2005
Burbank, CA
60mm and i'm in. the perrin one is nice but it would be nicer to have something to match the exact curvature of that plastic trim over the wheel and designed to easily bolt on or attach some way.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
make them with a bit of depth like the perrin unit and you've got a sale from me...I'd prefer 52 mm, but I suppose the majority rules - a 52mm ring would be a good thing to include though.

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
OneJoeZee said:
Who in this thread wanting a 60mm pod is complaining about the gauges blocking anything?

:stickpoke

no one...yet.....in the MANY previous LONG threads there were tons of people saying a pod there blocks too much (even though it really doesnt) but they would want 60mm lol

Techno Supra

Hardcore DJ
adampecush said:
make them with a bit of depth like the perrin unit and you've got a sale from me...I'd prefer 52 mm, but I suppose the majority rules - a 52mm ring would be a good thing to include though.

+1

I would like to see some depth to them as well. 60mm. I have almost ordered the Perrin several times, but would rather support those in the community whenever possible.

bgrieger

Mar 30, 2005
Toronto
I've looked at the perrin several times and didn't like how high up the guages would sit. Yours looks to tuck them in the corners of the column where they drop away from the top down to the stalks. I would love to see the in car view when you have a mock up. 60mm would be my vote (eboost2 has to go somewhere...)!

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
adding depth greatly increases the cost, as it is currently 1/2" aluminum stock. the thicker you get, the more material required, and the more machining required.

if theres not alot of interest for this, do people have any ideas for parts they would like to get CNC machined? if you have an idea that you think others would want, post it up.