Gauge pods

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I've seen "frog-eye" styles used on other cars before. Could probably custom fabricate something. HKS had a glovebox gauge pod for the RHD cars. I've seen them stuffed into where the climate control, cigarette lighter, and ash tray used to be... if you can name it, it's probably been done, but it's probably been a custom thing.

qu3tzlgum8y

Jan 5, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, California
yeah, I'd like to be able to buy something instead of make one myself.. I've seen one for the MKIV that attaches to the side of the dash next to the climate control and all that.. I was actually looking for one that attaches to the plastic vent piece on the dash of the passenger side above the glove box facing the driver.. I think that would be pretty cool. The next best thing would be hidden gauges like in the glove box.. I like the clean look of my interior.

Last edited:

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
I like the 2 gauge pods cause it still has the oh shit handle and look somewhat factory with that there. Also not right in your face.

Id like to mount some gauges on the side of the dash and have them point towards me but idk if i really want to glue/stick something to it. Definality wouldnt drill into it.

Best to do all the gauges in the cluster with aftermarket and then idk. Hard to get a clean look with lots of after market gauges.

Greek

May 20, 2010
Ohio
I fabricated a plate that holds the gauges at an angle, replacing the ash tray. No pictures right now.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Unfortunately the aftermarket follows what's popular. There are probably more 12 second Civics out there than Supras *total*. From a business perspective, it makes sense.

If I were to do a custom setup again, I think I'd fabricate a collar of sorts that could hold one gauge on each side of the steering column at the 10 and 2 positions. Seen that in a few Subarus, looks nice and in the field of vision, more or less.

While we're on the subject of gauges, has anyone ever seen a HUD setup on a Supra before? I had a 240sx with one that didn't work very well and it was in the C5 I drove. Seems like it would be in the way, but I rather liked it...

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
te72;1724461 said:
Unfortunately the aftermarket follows what's popular. There are probably more 12 second Civics out there than Supras *total*. From a business perspective, it makes sense.
Ironic part is people with the faster cars tend to have less gauges than those with slow cars hhaha

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
18326231.jpg

There is another one with more things on it too. One of these and you have all the room you need for a custom cluster and gauges.

Wideband can get a little digi box and mount on steering column cover then put oil press water temp and boost or egt in cluster and put boost/egt and something else in a 2 pod.

qu3tzlgum8y

Jan 5, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, California
te72;1725527 said:
Too bad those cost as much as some of us have paid for our cars... I'd love one someday, but not any time soon.

that's the first time i've seen that.. I still think I prefer the stock gauge style. there are very few things I would change on the mkiii.. and they would only be improvements, not dramatic changes.