GAUGE fuse blowing

jamesdem1123

Mar 2, 2006
Palm Harbor
Yea so one night i was driving and i noticed my oil pressure gauge went to zero. This freaked me out and luckily i was at my destination when it happened. when i started the car up i noticed the tachometer wasnt working, nor the boost gauge, nor the power windows AND air conditioner (I LIVE IN FLA!!) i replaced the fuse and it immediately blew when key turned to ON position. i tried locating any loose or stripped wires that could be touching and nothing. although it did stay intact for a little while, after a few full throttle pulls it blew again.

i looked at the schematics and found that that one 7.5 amp fuse controls the function of the gauges excluding the speedo, the power windows, the a/c control unit, foglights, heated mirrors and it also has inputs on the tccs and ect.

it has also affected the function of the parking brake light, cruise control, overdrive (havent takin it over 120 mph, 3rd gear on dyno was going over 125), seat belt ightisnt working, and neither is abs. im not entirely sure if the check engine light is working, i did hit fuel cut once on a relatively cold engine but didnt notice wether or not it came on.

has anyone experienced this yet?

anyone have any idea's where i can look for the problem?